Wow! What a trip!!! I cannot be any happier with the experience – the kids played very well and represented themselves, their band, school & community in a fantastic way – they were responsible, respectful, polite, and kind to those around them. I cannot express how pleased Mr. James and I are with nearly every aspect of the trip – particularly the students and parents flexibility, behavior, and attitude.
A giant THANK YOU to all the parents who went on the trip – you were able to “go with the flow” and understood the dynamics of traveling with a large group. You put the students first, and I appreciate you all jumping in to ensure student safety and fun. We couldn’t have done it without you!!!
Please ask your student about the experience – the playing aspects of the trip were WONDERFUL… recording in the historic Studio B, playing to a good crowd outside the Grand Ole Opry, and learning a ton of new ideas from Dr. Thomas Verrier at Vanderbilt University were well worth the trip!
Mr. James and I are working on distributing the recordings (the files will for sure be on Google Classroom and I’ll email them out). I’ve also put together a Google Drive to share pictures for the trip – you can add to the folder and share pictures that way! You can find the folder here: Nashville Google Drive 17. I’ve dropped the pictures I took in there all ready.
Moving right along, here’s what we have this week:
- It’s an easy week – rest up!!!
- Butterbraid Pick Up is this Wednesday, 4/5 – 3-7pm in the music suite of AHS.
- Jazz on a Spring Evening – Thursday, 4/6 – 7pm, AMS Annex Cafeteria.
I’m not sure of the details for the jazz kids playing – I’ll email them out when I’ve got it!
- Our annual Marching 100 kick off meeting has been scheduled! It will be Wednesday, April 12, 7pm in the AHS Auditorium.
- Wednesday, April 12 is also our next Dine Out for ABOB – Fazoli’s! You can support ABOB all day!!! Please click here for the flyer.
I know many of you are starting to think about summer and the Marching 100 Schedule. We are just in the beginning/planning phases, but here’s what we’re thinking so far:
- 1-2 Camp! – Tuesday, 5/30 and Wednesday, 5/31 – 6-8pm, AHS
- Band Camp! – Monday, 7/24 – Thursday, 8/3 – 8am – 5pm, AHS
- We will be participating in the Red Bud Parade (Sunday, 6/25) and the VP Parade (Saturday, 7/1)
- Football game dates are available on the abob.net calendar
- *Please note that all these dates are TENTATIVE*. This is what Mr. James and I are thinking, but we still have to double check building usage/dates/conflicts. Just trying to help you plan ahead! Thanks for your flexibility.