Hello! It’s the final countdown:
- Marching 100 Color Guard Auditions – Monday, April 25 – Thursday, April 28 – 3:45 – 6:30pm each evening. Meet near the band room wearing comfortable clothes and tennis shoes!
- 4th Quarter Playing Tests will begin this week. Here’s some information: Playing Test Info
- Marching 100 Student Leader applications have gone out. Fully completed applications are due by 3:05pm on Friday, May 6. Applications can be picked up in the band room.
- Alton High Musical “Anything Goes” – It is a Fine Arts Critique opportunity! This week: April 28, 29, 30 – 7pm. May 1 – 2pm. Alton High School Auditorium. Tickets are $8 for adults, $6 for students. We will have general seating for every performance, so tickets may be purchased at the door. If you’d like to purchase tickets in advance, please let me know.
If you’d like to become a patron of the show please see the information here
- Marching 100 Drumline/Pit Rehearsal/Auditions – Monday, May 2 – 6-8pm. This was discussed at the previous audition night.
- Spring Band Concert – Thursday, May 5, 7pm – AHS Auditorium
- Fine Arts Critiques Due – Friday, May 6. Fine Arts Critique Rubric for All Bands
Students have had plenty of opportunities (including in class) to see a performance to critique. The musical counts!
- Marching 100 Spring Button Days – Friday, May 13 (evening) and Saturday, May 14 (morning). More info. TBA
- ABOB Dine Out at Elijah P’s – Monday, May 16 – 4-9pm. This one will be great! Elijah P’s is opening up just for us on a Monday night, and Third Coast (Mr. Jarden & Mr. King’s group) will be the entertainment for the evening! Join us for a night of good food and great music – supporting a cause near and dear to all of us.
- AHS Graduation – Friday, May 27 – TBA. All students play graduation!
- Memorial Day Parade (M100) – Monday, May 30 – Upper Alton. TBA
We’re getting close to marching season! We’ll be gearing up for the Memorial Day parade shortly after our Spring concert. Don’t forget about 1-2 Camp and the Tuesday rehearsals! Here’s the calendar – 100 Calendar Jun-Nov. 2016.