Hello! Here we go!!!
ABOB Spring Butter Braid orders are due this week! Please get them in ASAP. Click here for more information.
- Marching 100 Kick-Off Meeting – TONIGHT!!! Tuesday, March 8 – 6:30pm – Alton High Auditorium – We will kick off the 2016-2017 trip, discuss the calendar, and reveal the show!!! Please try to send a representative if you can, however we will email out the information later if you do need it.
- ABOB Dinner Auction – Saturday, 3/12 – doors open at 5:30pm, dinner at 7pm. Invitations went out earlier this month – please let me know if you did not receive one! You can also get your tickets at this link
A note about Dinner Auction:
The ABOB Dinner Auction is on Saturday night.
If you have not donated to your student’s section, please consider doing it as soon as possible. You can send to school with your student or send/bring Tuesday evening.
The percussion basket(s) are Easter themed and I would love anything related to Easter baskets or cash donations. I will be available Tuesday at the M100 meeting, or you can send to school with your student.
Another parent is asking for gift cards to create other basket/auction items.
If your child plays any instrument in the Alton School district, please donate!Thank you!
- AMS & AHS Winter Guards at Francis Howell North – Saturday, March 12. AMS performs at 10:07am, AHS performs at 3:21pm.
- Marching 100 Pancake Breakfast/ABOB Vendor Fair – Saturday, 3/19 – if you are a vendor who would like to have a table, please email Mrs. Plummer at firstname.lastname@example.org. Students will be selling tickets to the pancake breakfast (first trip fundraiser!). Click here for more information. Pancake tickets went out last week – if you need more feel free to contact me or Macie Henkhaus – email@example.com
- AMS & AHS Winterguards at O’Fallon High School – AMS performs at 10:21am and AHS performs at 1:48pm.
- A shameless plug: Tuesday, March 22, the St. Louis Brass Band (I play in it, as does Justin Duvall and Ryan Helenthal) will be playing with Karin Bliznik (Principal Trumpet of the St. Louis Symphony Orchestra) at the Sheldon. It’s going to be a fantastic concert! It’s a great Fine Arts Critique opportunity! Tickets will be $10 at the door – click here for more information.
- AMS & AHS Winterguards to Springfield, MO for MCCGA Championships – April 1-3. More information TBA.
- Jazz on a Spring Evening will be Thursday, April 7 at 7pm in the AMS Annex Cafeteria. The AMS and AHS jazz bands will play.
- IHSA Organizational Contest will be Friday, April 15 at O’Fallon High School. Wind Symphony, Symphonic Band, and Jazz Band all play – this is our “state” contest each year. If you have any questions, please let Ms. Cudney or Ms. Davis know.