Hello! Here’s the week:
- Tonight, 7:30pm in the AHS Auditorium – ABOB Meeting. Please note the time/location changes!
- A shameless plug: Tuesday, March 22, the St. Louis Brass Band (I play in it, as does Justin Duvall and Ryan Helenthal) will be playing with Karin Bliznik (Principal Trumpet of the St. Louis Symphony Orchestra) at the Sheldon. It’s going to be a fantastic concert! It’s a great Fine Arts Critique opportunity! Tickets will be $10 at the door – click here for more information.
- Wednesday, 3/23 – Butterbraid Pick Up – AHS Music Suite (back behind AHS). 2:00 – 5:00pm. Orders must be kept frozen! Questions? Call 618-474-6967 (Mrs. Plummer)
- Nashville Trip Sign Up – the travel company would like to have most folks signed up and the non-refundable $25 deposit paid by this Thursday, March 24. Several students paid the deposit through selling pancake tickets! Please note that fundraising money does take some time to be deposited and students must be signed up for the trip before the funds can go anywhere! For information on how to sign up click the link – Alton SIGNUPCARDS
Note for those who went with us to Disney in 2015: When you log into MTC Online with the username and password from the last trip, there should be a prompt to register for a new trip. Once you click on that, you’ll need to enter the correct traveler information and trip number. The trip number for Nashville is 1703-6-60.
Orchestra is kicking up! For the wind players who need schedules:
Symphonic Orchestra rehearsal schedule – Symphonic Full Orchestra Rehearsals, Spring 2016
Musical Pit rehearsal schedule – Pit Orchestra Rehearsals Anything Goes Spring, 2016
- AMS & AHS Winterguards to Springfield, MO for MCCGA Championships – April 1-3. More information TBA (schedules don’t come out until later this week).
- Jazz on a Spring Evening will be Thursday, April 7 at 7pm in the AMS Annex Cafeteria. The AMS and AHS jazz bands will play.
- Symphonic Band after school rehearsal – Tuesday, April 12, 3:15 – 4pm. Please communicate any conflicts to Ms. Davis – firstname.lastname@example.org
- IHSA Organizational Contest will be Friday, April 15 at O’Fallon High School. Wind Symphony, Symphonic Band, and Jazz Band all play – this is our “state” contest each year. If you have any questions, please let Ms. Cudney or Ms. Davis know.
- AHS Spring Band Concert – Thursday, May 5 – 7pm, AHS Auditorium
- Marching 100 Spring Button Days – Friday, May 13 (evening) and Saturday, May 14 (morning). More info. TBA
- AHS Graduation – All band students play – Friday, May 27. More info. TBA
If you missed the Marching 100 Meeting, need another copy of a form, or would like some info. on the Nashville trip you can find it all here – click for more information.
*The calendar has all ready changed – just the contest locations for the fall. Dates are currently the same. The calendar is updated on the meeting post and you can find it here – 100 Calendar Jun-Nov. 2016