THANK YOU to all who helped out this Saturday at the IHSA Solo & Ensemble Contest! We had plenty of student and parent help – thanks to all those who jumped in! We had a great day, and received nothing but compliments from the other schools – thank you for all you do!!!
Moving right along!
Butterbraid order forms have gone out (ABOB Fundraiser), and will be due this Friday, March 9 – they’ll be here in time for Easter! For more information, please click here: ABOB Butterbraid Sale
Please plan on attending the annual ABOB Dinner Auction! Saturday, March 17, 7pm, LCCC Commons. You should have received an invitation in the mail, and you can find more information here – ABOB Dinner Auction
*This is one of our big fundraisers for the year that helps keep our day to day functions going – including Marching 100! Please plan on being there for a great evening out!
We have several updates to trip fundraisers – if you’re interested in supplying recipes for the cookbook or working the cardinals games please see below!!! We also have flyers for the pancake breakfast and trivia night below.
Here’s our week:
- Tuesday, 3/6 – NO Jazz Lab Band tonight!
- Dine out for ABOB – McDonald’s – 4-9pm. No flyer needed! Just dine at the Godfrey McDonald’s during those times!
- Thursday, 3/8 – Concert Jazz Band – 3:30-4:15pm
- Friday, 3/9 – ABOB Spring Butter Braid orders DUE
- Saturday, 3/10 – Winter Guards compete at O’Fallon
- Monday, 3/12 – Percussion Ensemble – 3:15-4:30pm
- Tuesday, 3/13 – Jazz Lab Band – 3:15-4:30pm
- Thursday, 3/15 – Concert Jazz Band – 3:15-4:30pm
- Saturday, 3/17 – ABOB Dinner Auction – 7pm, LCCC Commons
- Monday, 3/19 – Percussion Ensemble – 3:15-4:30pm
- Tuesday, 3/20 – Jazz Lab Band – 3:15-4:30pm
- Thursday, 3/22 – Concert Jazz Band – 3:15-4:30pm
- Saturday, 3/24 – ABOB Vendor Fair/Trip Fundraiser – Pancake Breakfast – AHS
- Monday, 3/26 – Percussion Ensemble – 3:15-4:30pm
- ABOB Meeting – 7pm – AHS
- Tuesday, 3/27 – Jazz Lab Band – 3:15-4:30pm
- Thursday, 3/29 – Concert Jazz Band – 3:15-4:30pm
Disney Trip Info:
As of Friday, 3/2, students should have $450 in their trip accounts. The Breakfast with Santa and Popsocket proceeds have been sent to MTC and can be seen when you log in, with another round of proceeds (popsockets and brooms) on the way!
Here’s where we are with fundraisers:
- Brooms – keep selling! Next check out day TBA.
- If you have not turned any money/brooms and have not checked in, please do so!
- Popsockets – keep selling! We can check out popsockets at any time – just bring in $10!
- Cookbooks – our plan is to put together a music department cookbook just in time for Mother’s Day. We need your recipes!!! Please submit them on the following Google Form – Music Department Cookbook. Paper copies are going home with students this week. Feel free to submit as many as you like! Please have all recipes submitted by Friday, March 9!
- Tumblers – we will be starting a Tumbler/Beef Jerky sale in early March. We’ll have a custom tumbler (100/AHS), and there will be sports teams, etc. More information will be coming!
- Pancake Breakfast – we will have one more pancake breakfast, catered by Chris Cakes, in conjunction with the ABOB Vendor Fair on Saturday, March 24. Pancakes are $7 per person, and the breakfast runs from 8-10:30am. You can find info sheets to hand out here – Pancake Breakfast Invite – folks just need to give the student’s name at the door for them to receive credit!
- Trivia Night – we will be hosting a Disney Themed Trivia Night on Friday, April 6 at the Alton/Godfrey Sportsmen’s Club. Students can make a profit by bringing in tables (the table will give the student’s name at the door) and by working the event. You can find a flyer here – Disney Trivia Flyer
- Photography Sessions – we’ll be having photography sessions with three photographers on Saturday, June 2 (correction! Rain date will be June 9) – more information will be coming!
- Cardinals Games – We’re ready to go! Thanks for your patience! The Cardinal’s folks have given us a bunch of dates to train, but they need to know how many are coming from our group… so we picked a variety to choose from. Please fill out the form at this link to “register” for a training – all trainings will be at Busch Stadium. We may be able to work out some carpools, but please plan on providing your own transportation over to Busch. If you can’t make any of the dates chosen, please let me know and I’ll shoot you some more dates.
If you are interested in working the Cardinals Games, but didn’t fill out the previous form, please sign up for the training! You must have the training in order to work at the games.The dates we will be working concessions are:
Thursday, April 5 – 6:15pm game (Opening Day)
Friday, May 4 – 7:15pm game (Cubs Series)
Saturday, May 5 – 1:15pm game (Cubs Series)
Sunday, May 6 – 1:15pm game (Cubs Series)
Wednesday, May 23 – 12:15pm game (weekday games make more profit)
Friday, June 15 – 7:15pm game (Cubs Series)
Saturday, June 16 – TBD game (Cubs Series)
Sunday, June 17 – 1:15pm (Cubs Series)
Saturday, July 21 – Kenny Chesney Concert
Friday, July 27 – 7:15pm game (Cubs Series)
Saturday, July 28 – 6:15pm game (Cubs Series)
Sunday, July 29 – 1:15pm game (Cubs Series)
We’ll be confirming sign up before each game.