Hello! Here’s our week:
- Friday, February 10 – Gray Pep Band Game – AHS, 6:45pm
- Symphonic Band and Concert Band each have playing quizzes due this Friday (they were assigned Monday).
- Concert Band – Blue Book (Foundations of a Superior Performance), Set 3, Option 5 (page 8).
- Symphonic Band – Cajun Folk Songs – m. 110 to the end.
- Students should record (website here) and submit the recordings to Google Classroom!
- NEW!!! IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ: It is time to start thinking about the Nashville Trip!!! A couple of things to know:
- I sent out a notice last week about the trip departure meeting. We needed to switch the date to Wednesday, March 29, still at 6pm in the AHS Commons. Please make the change on your calendar – sorry for the inconvenience.
- All fundraising monies have been deposited in student’s accounts.
- I do not have a final trip cost just yet (should be very soon). I’ve been telling folks to plan on $500.
- MUTES!!! If your student plays a brass instrument, it’s time for them to own their own mutes! We need them in many of the pieces we are playing. They all need them and they’re not that pricy. I looked them up on amazon to give you an idea of what you’re looking for. All items are also available (possibly for a better price) at Halpin!
- Please also ask if your student has lost their Blue Book or needs reeds/valve oil/repair. Now would be a perfect time to replenish everything!
- Our Third Quarter Scale Check Off Assignment & Third Quarter Playing Test Chunks have been posted in Google Classroom – the scales are concert Eb, Gb (F#), A, and A chromatic. Scale recordings are due March 3. Please encourage that they get it done early!!! (They could record and submit this week!)
- I know many of you are starting to think about summer and the Marching 100 Schedule. We are just in the beginning/planning phases, but here’s what we’re thinking so far:
- 1-2 Camp! – Tuesday, 5/30 and Wednesday, 5/31 – 6-8pm, AHS
- Band Camp! – Monday, 7/24 – Thursday, 8/4 – 8am – 5pm, AHS
- We will be participating in the Red Bud Parade (Sunday, 6/25) and the VP Parade (Saturday, 7/1)
- Football game dates are available on the abob.net calendar
- *Please note that all these dates are TENTATIVE*. This is what Mr. James and I are thinking, but we still have to double check building usage/dates/conflicts. Just trying to help you plan ahead! Thanks for your flexibility.
- Pep Band (Redbird Rhythm) info – All band students are involved in pep band – we divide the bands up into two groups, a Red Band and a Gray Band. The groups are posted in the band room. Here is the schedule:
- Games: Red Band:
- Tuesday, 2/21 – 6:45pm
- Games: Gray Band:
- THIS Friday, 2/10 – 6:45pm
- Friday, 2/24 – 6:45pm
*Please note* Students cannot stay after school until their game time – they must leave and then come back. Also, we will always be done around 8:30/8:45 (after halftime). If your student isn’t attending the rest of the game, please be prompt in picking them up! Thanks.
- Games: Red Band:
- I sent an email out to those who have not yet paid the $50 Band Fees for this year. If you paid them at registration, that was for last year (2015)’s fees, not for this year (2016). Please send it in when you can. If you need to work out a payment plan, please let me know. Checks are payable to ABOB, or you can pay it online by clicking here