We’ve got a busy week:
- Tuesday, 2/21 – Red Pep Band Game – 6:45pm, AHS
- Thursday, 2/23 – All Bands Concert – 7pm, AHS Auditorium. This is our Solo & Ensemble preview concert and all bands will perform – all high school students perform!
- Concert Band needs to arrive at 6pm
- Wind Symphony & Symphonic Band need to get here at 6:30pm
- Concert & Symphonic Bands will wear all black
- Wind Symphony will wear tuxedos/dresses
- Friday, 2/24 – Gray Pep Band Game – 6:45pm, AHS.
- This will also be senior night for all band seniors! Parents need to be at the back hallway (by the bus plaza) of the gym by 7:15pm.
- This weekend (Thursday, 2/23 – Sunday, 2/26) – Dine out for ABOB – Papa Johns Fundraiser –
- 30% Off Your Entire Regular Menu Price Online Order, Plus an Additional 20% will be Donated back to Alton Band & Orchestra Builders.
- Go to www.papajohns.com Must Enter Promo Code: ABOB30
- Valid Thurs, Feb 23 through Sun, Feb 26
- Valid at the Alton & Wood River stores
More Nashville information is below, but NEW!!! It’s time to order Nashville Spiritwear! You can find an order form here – Nashville Spirit Wear Order Form. Orders are due Friday, March 3. Please make checks payable to ABOB. Feel free to contact Laura Shansey with any questions – firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for the quick response!
Looking further ahead:
- ABOB Meeting – Monday, 2/27 – 7pm, AHS
- Our Third Quarter Scale Check Off Assignment & Third Quarter Playing Test Chunks have been posted in Google Classroom – the scales are concert Eb, Gb (F#), A, and A chromatic. Scale recordings are due Friday, March 3. Please encourage that they get it done early!!! (They could record and submit this week!)
- IHSA Solo & Ensemble Contest – Saturday, March 4 – all day, AHS. This is a big one for us! All Symphonic Band and Wind Symphony students will perform at some point during the day (still working on the schedule)
- We need both parent and student workers for the day – concession stand help, parking, helping point folks in the right direction (we have 19 schools visiting that day).
- Please email me if you are available to help throughout the day. We’ll start around 8am and will run to about 3. If you’re available, please let me know what times. Thanks in advance!
- Students will have a sign up sheet on the band room doors soon. (Extra Credit/Band Service Hours opportunity!)
- ABOB Dinner Auction – Saturday, March 11, AHS Commons. Doors open at 5:30, dinner at 7pm. Cost is $25 per person, email Laura Plummer (email@example.com) for more information!
- It is time to start thinking about the Nashville Trip!!! A couple of things to know:
- Trip departure meeting – Wednesday, March 29, still at 6pm in the AHS Commons. Please make the change on your calendar – sorry for the inconvenience.
- All fundraising monies have been deposited in student’s accounts.
- MUTES!!! If your student plays a brass instrument, it’s time for them to own their own mutes! We need them in many of the pieces we are playing. They all need them and they’re not that pricy. I looked them up on amazon to give you an idea of what you’re looking for. All items are also available (possibly for a better price) at Halpin!
- Please also ask if your student has lost their Blue Book or needs reeds/valve oil/repair. Now would be a perfect time to replenish everything!
- I know many of you are starting to think about summer and the Marching 100 Schedule. We are just in the beginning/planning phases, but here’s what we’re thinking so far:
- 1-2 Camp! – Tuesday, 5/30 and Wednesday, 5/31 – 6-8pm, AHS
- Band Camp! – Monday, 7/24 – Thursday, 8/4 – 8am – 5pm, AHS
- We will be participating in the Red Bud Parade (Sunday, 6/25) and the VP Parade (Saturday, 7/1)
- Football game dates are available on the abob.net calendar
- *Please note that all these dates are TENTATIVE*. This is what Mr. James and I are thinking, but we still have to double check building usage/dates/conflicts. Just trying to help you plan ahead! Thanks for your flexibility.
- Pep Band (Redbird Rhythm) info – All band students are involved in pep band – we divide the bands up into two groups, a Red Band and a Gray Band. The groups are posted in the band room. Here is the schedule:
- Games: Red Band:
- TONIGHT! Tuesday, 2/21 – 6:45pm
- Games: Gray Band:
- This Friday, 2/24 – 6:45pm
*Please note* Students cannot stay after school until their game time – they must leave and then come back. Also, we will always be done around 8:30/8:45 (after halftime). If your student isn’t attending the rest of the game, please be prompt in picking them up! Thanks.
- Games: Red Band:
- I sent an email out to those who have not yet paid the $50 Band Fees for this year. If you paid them at registration, that was for last year (2015)’s fees, not for this year (2016). Please send it in when you can. If you need to work out a payment plan, please let me know. Checks are payable to ABOB, or you can pay it online by clicking here