Solo & Ensemble fees are due! Sophomores – Seniors all participate in our choirs – that is covered. If your student is taking anything extra (solo, small ensemble, etc.) they do owe! Solos are $10 each, Ensembles are $15 divided among the players. Checks can be made to Alton High School. Thank you!
Here’s our week:
- Monday, 2/24 – Percussion – 3:15-4:45
- ABOB Meeting – 7pm, AHS
- Wednesday, 2/26 – AMS/AHS Winterguard rehearsal – Lovejoy Elementary Gym.
- Thursday, 2/27 – All Bands Concert, 7pm, AHS Auditorium. For those used to the “Solo & Ensemble” concert – this isn’t it! It’ll be a regular concert where Concert Band, Symphonic Band, and Wind Symphony play. The jazz combo will be making an appearance as well! That’s it!
- Wind Symphony will wear tuxes & dresses
- Symphonic & Concert bands wear all black (no jeans/tennis shoes!)
- ALL Band students will arrive at 6pm – Wind Symphony in the orchestra room, Symphonic Band in the band room, Concert Band in the choir room
- Friday, 2/28 – AMS/AHS Winterguard rehearsal – Lovejoy Elementary Gym. AMS – 3:45-6pm, AHS – 6-9pm
- Saturday, 2/29 – Winterguards compete at Francis Howell North – schedule here
Just a reminder – the 3rd Quarter Scales & 3rd Quarter Playing Test are all posted on Google Classroom – they can be done and turned in at any time! They are due next Friday, 3/6.
- Monday, 3/2 – Music For All Festival – O’Fallon, IL High School. This is our “contest” for the year. It’s on Pulaski Day – our itinerary is attached – MFA Festival
- Wednesday, 3/4 – Jazz Band – 3:30-5pm
- AMS/AHS Winterguard rehearsal – Lovejoy Elementary Gym.
- Friday, 3/6 – AMS/AHS Winterguard rehearsal – Lovejoy Elementary Gym. AMS – 3:45-6pm, AHS – 6-9pm
- Solo & Ensemble Set Up – after school (until around 5pm). We’ll need student help to set up!
- Saturday, 3/7 – IHSA Solo & Ensemble Contest – All Day, AHS. This is an “all hands on deck” day! We will need lots of student and parent help to host the 20 schools that attend. All sophomores – seniors will also perform that day! If you know you can help out that day, please let me know! We need parent help with concessions, parking, and pointing people in the right direction – if you can help please let me know what times you’re available. THANK YOU in advance!
Looking further ahead (to make sure they’re on your calendar):
- Saturday, 3/14 – ABOB Dinner Auction – Once Upon a Time…
Plan on joining us for this fun night! Entertainment from the AHS Symphonic Orchestra & Jazz Band. Click here for more info.
- Saturday, 3/28 – ABOB Vendor Fair – 9am-3pm – Click here for more info
I know we’re starting to plan 2020 and summer dates. We don’t have anything set in stone yet, but here are the tentative M100 Band Camp Dates:
Monday, July 27 – Friday, July 31 & Monday, August 3 – Thursday, August 6. That gives us all a week for last minute vacations/to prep for school starting! *This is subject to change!!!!
That’s it! Have a great week!