Please check your calendar for next Saturday, March 3 – we are hosting the IHSA Solo & Ensemble Contest here at AHS. If your student is in 6th hour, they will be performing, and we need your help! We’ll need help with parking (morning), concessions, and room monitors. If you’re available, please shoot me an email with the times you can help – we’ll be up and running from around 7:30am-3:00pm. THANKS!!!
Butterbraid order forms went out last week (ABOB Fundraiser) and will be due on Friday, March 9 – they’ll be here in time for Easter! For more information, please click here: ABOB Butterbraid Sale
It’s time to start thinking about the annual ABOB Dinner Auction! You should have received an invitation in the mail, and you can find more information here – ABOB Dinner Auction
Here’s our week:
- Tuesday, 2/20 – Jazz Lab Band – 3:15-4:30pm
- Thursday, 2/22 – Concert Jazz Band – 3:15-4:30pm
- Friday, 2/23-24 – Winter Guards compete in Fayetteville, AR
Looking ahead – we’re starting to get busy!
- Monday, 2/26 – Percussion Ensemble, 3:15-4:15pm
- ABOB Meeting, 7pm, AHS Orch. room
- Tuesday, 2/27 – Jazz Lab Band – 3:15-4:30pm
- Thursday, 3/1 – Concert Jazz Band – 3:15-4:30pm
- AHS Winter Band Concert – AHS Auditorium, 7pm. ALL Band students perform on this concert!
- Friday, 3/2 – 3rd Quarter Scales/Playing Tests due! They can be recorded at school or home – all information is posted on Google Classroom
- Set up for IHSA Solo & Ensemble contest
- Saturday, 3/3 – IHSA Solo & Ensemble Contest, All day, AHS. All students in 6th hour play at this event! We are also hosting 20 other schools from around the area – we need your help! We’ll need student and parent help all day this day – working concessions, door monitors, etc. Please let me know if you’re available! Students have a sign up sheet on the band room doors.
Disney Trip Info:
As of Friday, 2/2, students should have $325 in their trip accounts. The Breakfast with Santa and Popsocket proceeds have been sent to MTC and can be seen when you log in, with another round of proceeds (popsockets and brooms) on the way!
Here’s where we are with fundraisers:
- Brooms – keep selling! Next check out day will be on Thursday, 3/1 from 6-7pm at AHS.
- If you have not turned any money/brooms and have not checked in, please do so!
- Popsockets – keep selling! We can check out popsockets at any time – just bring in $10!
- Cookbooks – our plan is to put together a music department cookbook just in time for Mother’s Day. We need your recipes!!! Please submit them on the following Google Form – Music Department Cookbook. Paper copies are going home with students this week. Feel free to submit as many as you like!
- Tumblers – we will be starting a Tumbler/Beef Jerky sale in early March. We’ll have a custom tumbler (100/AHS), and there will be sports teams, etc. More information will be coming!
- Pancake Breakfast – we will have one more pancake breakfast, catered by Chris Cakes, in conjunction with the ABOB Vendor Fair on Saturday, March 24. Pancakes are $7 per person, and the breakfast runs from 8-10:30am. We’ll have information sheets to hand out again – folks just need to give the student’s name at the door for them to receive credit!
- Trivia Night – we will be hosting a Disney Themed Trivia Night on Friday, April 6 at the Alton/Godfrey Sportsmen’s Club. Students can make a profit by bringing in tables (the table will give the student’s name at the door) and by working the event. More information will be coming!
- Photography Sessions – we’ll be having photography sessions with three photographers on Saturday, June 9 – more information will be coming!
- Cardinals Games – we are in contact with the folks at Busch and are setting dates based on your responses. We’ll have more information soon!