Hello! Here’s our week:
- Tuesday, 2/13 – Lab Band – 3:15-4:30pm
- Dine out for ABOB – Dairy Queen – 5-9pm. You can find the flyer here – Dine out – Dairy Queen
- Thursday, 2/15 – Concert Jazz Band – 3:15-4:30pm
- Friday, 2/16 – Gray Pep Band – 6:45pm
- We will have a Broom check out this evening as well – 7-8pm near the uniform room at AHS!
- Saturday, 2/17 – Pep Band – SENIOR NIGHT – 6:45pm
- Because of the late addition of this game it will be extra credit for all, and we’ll double it – 50 points for this game!
- Seniors will be introduced before the game – plan on being there around 6:45pm. We’ll meet on the other side of the gym (near the driver’s ed rooms) to walk in and be introduced – just let the ticket folks know what you’re there for!
- Tuesday, 2/20 – Jazz Lab Band – 3:15-4:30pm
- Thursday, 2/22 – Concert Jazz Band – 3:15-4:30pm
- Friday, 2/23-24 – Winter Guards compete in Fayetteville, AR
- Monday, 2/26 – Percussion Ensemble, 3:15-4:15pm
- ABOB Meeting, 7pm, AHS Orch. room
- Tuesday, 2/27 – Jazz Lab Band – 3:15-4:30pm
- Thursday, 3/1 – Concert Jazz Band – 3:15-4:30pm
- AHS Winter Band Concert – AHS Auditorium, 7pm. ALL Band students perform on this concert!
- Friday, 3/2 – 3rd Quarter Scales/Playing Tests due! They can be recorded at school or home – all information is posted on Google Classroom
- Set up for IHSA Solo & Ensemble contest
- Saturday, 3/3 – IHSA Solo & Ensemble Contest, All day, AHS. All students in 6th hour play at this event! We are also hosting 20 other schools from around the area – we need your help! We’ll need student and parent help all day this day – working concessions, door monitors, etc. Please let me know if you’re available!
Disney Trip Info:
As of Friday, 2/2, students should have $325 in their trip accounts. The Breakfast with Santa and Popsocket proceeds have been sent to MTC and can be seen when you log in, with another round of proceeds (popsockets and brooms) on the way!
Here’s where we are with fundraisers:
- Brooms – keep selling! Next check out day will be on Friday, 2/16 from 7-8pm at AHS.
- If you have not turned any money/brooms and have not checked in, please do so!
- Popsockets – keep selling! We can check out popsockets at any time – just bring in $10!
- Cookbooks – our plan is to put together a music department cookbook just in time for Mother’s Day. We need your recipes!!! Please submit them on the following Google Form – Music Department Cookbook. Paper copies are going home with students this week. Feel free to submit as many as you like!
- Pancake Breakfast – we will have one more pancake breakfast, catered by Chris Cakes, in conjunction with the ABOB Vendor Fair on Saturday, March 24. Pancakes are $7 per person, and the breakfast runs from 8-10:30am. We’ll have information sheets to hand out again – folks just need to give the student’s name at the door for them to receive credit!
- Trivia Night – we will be hosting a Disney Themed Trivia Night on Friday, April 6 at the Alton/Godfrey Sportsmen’s Club. Students can make a profit by bringing in tables (the table will give the student’s name at the door) and by working the event. More information will be coming!
- Cardinals Games – we are in contact with the folks at Busch and are setting dates based on your responses. We’ll have more information soon!