Big concert tonight! See you there – it’s going to be fantastic!
- Tis the season for holiday shopping! Please don’t forget that if you’re shopping on amazon.com you can help support ABOB with just a couple additional clicks! Please just click this link and then continue shopping! Thanks! If you’d like more information on how this works, please see this link – attention shoppers!
- TONIGHT!!! – Wednesday, 12/7 – Alton Bands Concert – 7pm, AHS Gym. This is our usual 6-12 grade band concert – always a fun evening seeing what all the groups have worked on! Concert and Symphonic Bands will wear all black (no jeans, tennis shoes – look nice!) and Wind Symphony will wear their tuxes/dresses. All high school band students should arrive by 6:30pm dressed and ready to go.
- We will need help with set up at 5:00pm. We can offer extra credit to students who can help lay carpet squares and move chairs/stands/percussion equipment. We’ll take adult help too! Thanks in advance!
- Lots of things due coming up:
- next Friday, 12/9 – Fine Arts Critiques (100 point grade – Fine Arts Critique Rubric ) and
- Friday, 12/16 – recordings of scales and 2nd quarter playing test (100 points each) are due. Information about the recordings is posted on Google Classroom!
- We also have a Red Pep Band Game on Friday, 12/9 – meet in the band room at 6:45pm.
- We have kicked off our last Nashville Trip Fundraiser – a Chris Cakes Pancake Dinner – Wednesday, December 14. Tickets will be $7 each and students can check out tickets from me or Mr. James. Feel free to email Macie Henkhaus with any questions – firstname.lastname@example.org
Pep Band (Redbird Rhythm) info – All band students are involved in pep band – we divide the bands up into two groups, a Red Band and a Gray Band. The groups are posted in the band room. Here is the schedule:
- Games: Red Band:
- This, Friday, 12/9 – 6:45pm
- Friday, 2/3 – 6:45pm
- Tuesday, 2/21 – 6:45pm
- Games: Gray Band:
- Friday, 1/13 – 6:45pm
- Friday, 2/10 – 6:45pm
- Friday, 2/24 – 6:45pm
- Pep Band is a graded activity (25 points for each game/rehearsal). Students who may need to miss a game can attend the other band’s game for extra credit – any extra game a student attends is worth 25 extra credit points.
- I sent an email out to those who have not yet paid the $50 Band Fees for this year. If you paid them at registration, that was for last year (2015)’s fees, not for this year (2016). Please send it in when you can. If you need to work out a payment plan, please let me know. Checks are payable to ABOB, or you can pay it online by clicking here