Hello! Here’s what our week looks like:
- Tonight, Monday, 12/12 – our first Dinner Auction planning meeting, 7pm at Mr. Ed Gray’s house. Feel free to email me for more information!
- Our last Nashville Trip Fundraiser – a Chris Cakes Pancake Dinner – Wednesday, December 14, 5-8pm. Tickets are due today – please get them in! Tickets will be $7 each and can also be purchased at the door. Feel free to email Macie Henkhaus with any questions – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pep Band T-shirts! If your student needs a pep band t-shirt, please let us know ASAP (name and size). They are $12 each and we’ll have them in by the next pep band game. Checks can be made payable to ABOB.
- Fine Arts Critiques were due Friday! Fine Arts Critique Rubric. Students may still turn them in, though they will lose some points for it being late – some points are better than none!
- Scale Recordings/2nd Quarter Playing Test Recordings are due Friday, 12/16 and need to be turned in on Google Classroom. Please encourage at home practice and getting it done early – we can’t help those who have difficulties at the last minute!
- Our Band Final Exam is next Tuesday, 12/20. Review sheets were posted in class today and can be found here: Fall 2016 Study Guide. Color Guard Study Guide
Please encourage your student to be pro-active about their band grades!!! We have over 400 points in the last two weeks – every year we see grades fall because students don’t get everything in that’s due towards the end of the semester, or they don’t study for the final. Don’t let it happen!
Just a reminder – if a student fails band, they are removed for one semester, and they must audition for Mr. James and me to become a a member again.
Also, it’s the time of year for schedule changes. Please remember band is a year long, sequential class. Students must be in band all year to be back in band in the fall (can’t sit out in the spring then march again in the fall). We need the students improving on their instruments as much as they can! If your student absolutely must be out of band due to a schedule conflict, they will need to reaudition for Mr. James and me to march in the fall (and we work with the counselors to discuss options).
Pep Band (Redbird Rhythm) info – All band students are involved in pep band – we divide the bands up into two groups, a Red Band and a Gray Band. The groups are posted in the band room. Here is the schedule:
- Games: Red Band:
- Friday, 2/3 – 6:45pm
- Tuesday, 2/21 – 6:45pm
- Games: Gray Band:
- Friday, 1/13 – 6:45pm
- Friday, 2/10 – 6:45pm
- Friday, 2/24 – 6:45pm
NEW: *Please note* Students cannot stay after school until their game time – they must leave and then come back. Also, we will always be done around 8:30/8:45 (after halftime). If your student isn’t attending the rest of the game, please be prompt in picking them up! Thanks.
- Pep Band is a graded activity (25 points for each game/rehearsal). Students who may need to miss a game can attend the other band’s game for extra credit – any extra game a student attends is worth 25 extra credit points.
- I sent an email out to those who have not yet paid the $50 Band Fees for this year. If you paid them at registration, that was for last year (2015)’s fees, not for this year (2016). Please send it in when you can. If you need to work out a payment plan, please let me know. Checks are payable to ABOB, or you can pay it online by clicking here