There is a separate post with all kinds of trip information – how to get registered, pricing, fundraising, etc. You can find it here! AHS Music Department Disney Trip 2018.
– Popsockets are an ongoing fundraiser! We will have a check in today (Monday, 12/11) and next Monday (12/18) – please send in money with your student!
Popsocket Order Form
– Breakfast with Santa – please get the word out! We will have a Chris Cakes all-you-can-eat pancake breakfast THIS Sunday, December 17 from 10am-1pm in the AHS Commons. Breakfast is $8, and includes a picture with Santa! Students will get profit from folks giving the student’s name when they pay at the door. For advertising purposes, we have the following flyers to cut out/hand out!
Breakfast with Santa Info Sheet
Here’s our week:
- Monday, December 11 – Dinner Auction Meeting – 7pm, Ed Gray’s house. Anyone interested in helping out is welcome! Please email me for more details.
- Wednesday, December 13 – Dine out for ABOB – Chinese Buffet – 4-9:30pm. You will need a flyer – Chinese Buffet Flyer
- Trip Fundraiser – Working Cardinals Games information meeting, 6:30pm – AHS Band Room. We met with the folks at Busch Stadium to discuss parents working Cardinal’s games as a fundraiser. It is a very do-able way to raise some funds, but we’d like to have a meeting to gauge parent interest/availability before we make a commitment.
- Friday, December 15 – 2nd Quarter Scales, Playing Test, and Fine Arts Critiques Due. All information is posted on Google Classroom – please let us know if students need help accessing it!
- Gray Pep Band Game – 6:45pm
- Sunday, December 17 – *Trip Fundraiser* Breakfast with Santa – 10am – 1pm, AHS Commons
- Tuesday, December 19 – Red Pep Band Game – 6:45pm
- Thursday, December 21 – 5th & 6th Hour Band Final Exam – We’ll discuss in class this week, and you can find the study guide here! Fall 2017 Final Study Guide
Color Guard will take their final with us as well here’s their study guide – Guard 2017 Study Guide
We have discussed Pep Band Tshirts in class. If you ordered one with M100 accessories, your child should have it! Other students who may need one will need to bring in $12 (checks made to ABOB) when you can. Thanks!
Percussion Ensemble has started! Percussion ensemble is the percussion section’s equivalent of pep band, since pep band percussion opportunities are limited. Percussion ensemble will get students familiar/comfortable on more percussion instruments, and they will perform at Solo & Ensemble, their own concert (with SIUE percussion in April), and on the AHS Band Concerts. Rehearsals/concerts are for a grade! Ms. Edwards is running the percussion ensemble this year – please email her with any questions/absences – firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
Attached are percussion ensemble schedules: Percussion Ensemble December Schedule 2017
Percussion Ensemble January Schedule 2017
Percussion Ensemble February 2018
Percussion Ensemble March Schedule 2017
Percussion Ensemble April Schedule 2018
Percussion Ensemble May Schedule 2018
Have a great week!