Hello! A lot of “due dates”
- $55 for the AHS Music Department trip to see Wicked on Dec. 10 due – click here for more information
Parents are welcome to attend as well! Please send in money ASAP. Tickets will be ordered on Friday, and we will not be ordering any extras – we will only order for those who have turned in money.
- Tomorrow, Tuesday, 11/10: Cardinal Calendar orders due – click here for more information
- Friday, 11/13 – Gotham Ornaments/Picture Disc orders due – click here for more information
- Saturday, November 14 – IMEA District VI Jazz Festival – All day, SIUE – select students. Information will be sent home with those attending when we get it!
Looking to next week:
- Monday, November 16 – Pep Band Rehearsal (all members) – 3:12 – 4:33pm
Students do need a pep band tshirt as their uniform for each game. Shirts are $12 each. We will be using the same shirts as last year, so returning members do not need to buy a new one unless they need a different size/new one. Checks can be made payable to Alton High School – feel free to send them in with your student when you can. Shirt orders must be in by Tuesday, November 17. Thanks!
- Thursday, November 19 – AHS Fall Orchestra Concert – 7pm, AHS Auditorium. Some band students are playing in the concert, and all others can write a Fine Arts Critique on it! Fine Arts Critique Rubric for All Bands
Just a heads up for percussion students: It looks like the percussion ensembles will work out the best on Wednesday evenings – either 5-7pm or 6-8pm. It’ll be just the once a week to get them on the many instruments they’re expected to know how to play! Should be pretty low key and fun. The plan is to start after the Christmas break in January – just wanted to keep it on your radar. Thanks!