Here’s what we have going on this week:
- Tis the season for holiday shopping! Please don’t forget that if you’re shopping on amazon.com you can help support ABOB with just a couple additional clicks! Please just click this link and then continue shopping! Thanks!
If you’d like more information on how this works, please see this link – attention shoppers!
- Our concert is all ready in a week! Please encourage at home practice. To help, you can look up recordings of our concert tunes here – Concert Tune Recordings. Symphonic Band does have a playing quiz over the Trombone King posted on their Google Classroom page. Recordings are due on Dec. 2.
- Today, Tuesday, 11/29 – our first Pep Band Rehearsal! 3:25 – 4:15pm. All pep band students are expected to attend for a 25 point grade. If they cannot make it, please let Mr. James and me know ASAP.
- Wednesday, 11/30 – we will kick off our last Nashville Trip Fundraiser – a Chris Cakes Pancake Dinner – Wednesday, December 14. Tickets will be $7 each and students will be able to check out tickets starting tomorrow. Feel free to email Macie Henkhaus with any questions – email@example.com
- Thursday, 12/1 – AHS Choir Concert – 7pm, AHS Auditorium – one of the last Fine Arts Critique Opportunities for the semester! Fine Arts Critique Rubric Don’t forget that Fine Arts Critiques are due Dec. 9!
- Friday, 12/2 – Sunday 12/4 – Olde Alton Arts & Crafts Fair – Alton High. Sign up sheets for student workers are on the orchestra room doors – students get 10 points extra credit for each hour worked! Thanks in advance!
- We do still need adult volunteers for Craft Fair as well – please email Vicki Schilling (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you can work doors or Penny Boedeker (email@example.com) if you can work drink sales! I believe several shifts are available!
Looking to next week:
- Tuesday, 12/6 – First pep band game for EVERYONE! We will rehearse at 6:15pm, the game starts at 7:30pm. We do leave after halftime, so we’re done about 8:45pm.
- Wednesday, 12/7 – Alton Bands Concert – 7pm, AHS Gym. This is our usual 6-12 grade band concert – always a fun evening seeing what all the groups have worked on! Concert and Symphonic Bands will wear all black (no jeans, tennis shoes – look nice!) and Wind Symphony will wear their tuxes/dresses. All high school band students should arrive by 6:30pm dressed and ready to go.
- We will need help with set up at 5:00pm. We can offer extra credit to students who can help lay carpet squares and move chairs/stands/percussion equipment. We’ll take adult help too! Thanks in advance!
- Lots of things due coming up:
- next Friday, 12/9 – Fine Arts Critiques (100 point grade – Fine Arts Critique Rubric ) and
- Friday, 12/16 – recordings of scales and 2nd quarter playing test (100 points each) are due. Information about the recordings is posted on Google Classroom!
- We also have a Red Pep Band Game on Friday, 12/9 – meet in the band room at 6:45pm.
Pep Band (Redbird Rhythm) info – All band students are involved in pep band – we divide the bands up into two groups, a Red Band and a Gray Band. The groups are posted in the band room. Here is the schedule:
- Practices (Everyone): Tuesday, 11/29 – 3:25 – 4:15pm
Tuesday, 12/6 – 6:15pm
- Games: Red Band:
- Tuesday, 12/6 – 6:45pm
- Friday, 12/9 – 6:45pm
- Friday, 2/3 – 6:45pm
- Tuesday, 2/21 – 6:45pm
- Games: Gray Band:
- Tuesday, 12/6 – 6:45pm
- Friday, 1/13 – 6:45pm
- Friday, 2/10 – 6:45pm
- Friday, 2/24 – 6:45pm
- Pep Band is a graded activity (25 points for each game/rehearsal). Students who may need to miss a game can attend the other band’s game for extra credit – any extra game a student attends is worth 25 extra credit points.
- I sent an email out to those who have not yet paid the $50 Band Fees for this year. If you paid them at registration, that was for last year (2015)’s fees, not for this year (2016). Please send it in when you can. If you need to work out a payment plan, please let me know. Checks are payable to ABOB, or you can pay it online by clicking here