Hello! A short week:
Thanks to those who attended the Disney Trip Meeting Thursday night! It’s going to be a wonderful trip, and we’re excited that choir and orchestra gets to come along too. I’ll send out a separate trip information email with everything covered at the meeting soon – waiting on a couple forms from MTC. Please don’t forget the initial trip deposit ($75) is due November 30!
- Today, Monday, November 20 – Pep Band Rehearsal – EVERYONE – 3:15-4:15pm
- There is NO percussion ensemble for the rest of the month (conflicts with other concerts, etc). More percussion ensemble information is below!
- ABOB Meeting – 7pm, AHS Band Room
- Tomorrow, Tuesday, November 21 – Symphonic Band has a playing quiz due over Toccata for Band. This is just for 6th hour Symphonic Band, and all information is posted on google classroom! Please email Mr. James with any questions – firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking to next week:
- Monday, November 27 – Jazz on a Fall Evening – 7:30pm – Ahlemeyer Atrium (ATC Building at LCCC)
- Tuesday, November 28 – First Pep Band Game for EVERYONE. Meet in the band room at 6:15pm.
- Friday, 12/1 (set up), Saturday 12/2-Sunday 12/3 – The 29th annual ABOB Craft Fair.
The Craft Fair is our largest event and brings in over $25,000.00 for our instrumental program. Parents, please consider volunteering a couple of hours and then go shopping! Here is a link to sign up for various shifts throughout the weekend: ABOB Craft Fair Volunteer Sign Up ~Thank you!!We will also need lots of student help! Student sign up sheets will go up this week on the band room doors. This a great opportunity to get some extra credit, band service hours, community service hours, and maybe more! Please encourage your student to sign up.
- Wednesday, December 6 – AMS & AHS Band Concert – 7pm, AHS Gym
- Friday, December 8 – Red Pep Band Game – 6:45pm
- Friday, December 15 – Gray Pep Band Game – 6:45pm
- Tuesday, December 19 – Red Pep Band Game – 6:45pm
We will be discussing Pep Band Tshirts at rehearsal this afternoon. If you ordered one with M100 accessories, we have all the info we need! Other students who may need one will need to bring in $12 (checks made to ABOB) when you can. Thanks!
Percussion Ensemble is gearing up! Percussion ensemble is the percussion section’s equivalent of pep band, since pep band percussion opportunities are limited. Percussion ensemble will get students familiar/comfortable on more percussion instruments, and they will perform at Solo & Ensemble, their own concert (with SIUE percussion in April), and on the AHS Band Concerts. Rehearsals/concerts are for a grade! Ms. Edwards is running the percussion ensemble this year – please email her with any questions/absences – email@example.com. Thanks!
Attached are percussion ensemble schedules: Percussion Ensemble December Schedule 2017
Percussion Ensemble January Schedule 2017
Percussion Ensemble February 2018
Percussion Ensemble March Schedule 2017
Percussion Ensemble April Schedule 2018
Percussion Ensemble May Schedule 2018
That’s it! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving – enjoy the time with your families!