There is a separate post with all kinds of trip information – how to get registered, pricing, fundraising, etc. You can find it here! AHS Music Department Disney Trip 2018
Here’s our week:
- Monday, November 27 – Jazz on a Fall Evening – 7:30pm – Ahlemeyer Atrium (ATC Building at LCCC). Jazz band folks will meet at 7.
- Tuesday, November 28 – First Pep Band Game for EVERYONE. Meet in the band room at 6:15pm.
- Friday, 12/1 (set up), Saturday 12/2-Sunday 12/3 – The 29th annual ABOB Craft Fair.
The Craft Fair is our largest event and brings in over $25,000.00 for our instrumental program. Parents, please consider volunteering a couple of hours and then go shopping! Here is a link to sign up for various shifts throughout the weekend: ABOB Craft Fair Volunteer Sign Up ~Thank you!!We will also need lots of student help! Student sign up sheets are up on the orchestra room doors. This a great opportunity to get some extra credit, band service hours, community service hours, and maybe more! Please encourage your student to sign up.
- Wednesday, December 6 – AMS & AHS Band Concert – 7pm, AHS Gym
- Friday, December 8 – Red Pep Band Game – 6:45pm
- Monday, December 11 – Dinner Auction Meeting – 7pm, Ed Gray’s house. Anyone interested in helping out is welcome!
- Friday, December 15 – Gray Pep Band Game – 6:45pm
- Sunday, December 17 – *Trip Fundraiser* Breakfast with Santa – 10am – 1pm, AHS Commons
- Tuesday, December 19 – Red Pep Band Game – 6:45pm
We will be discussing Pep Band Tshirts this week. If you ordered one with M100 accessories, we have all the info we need! Other students who may need one will need to bring in $12 (checks made to ABOB) when you can. Thanks!
Percussion Ensemble is gearing up! Percussion ensemble is the percussion section’s equivalent of pep band, since pep band percussion opportunities are limited. Percussion ensemble will get students familiar/comfortable on more percussion instruments, and they will perform at Solo & Ensemble, their own concert (with SIUE percussion in April), and on the AHS Band Concerts. Rehearsals/concerts are for a grade! Ms. Edwards is running the percussion ensemble this year – please email her with any questions/absences – email@example.com. Thanks!
Attached are percussion ensemble schedules: Percussion Ensemble December Schedule 2017
Percussion Ensemble January Schedule 2017
Percussion Ensemble February 2018
Percussion Ensemble March Schedule 2017
Percussion Ensemble April Schedule 2018
Percussion Ensemble May Schedule 2018
Have a great week – see you this weekend!