Hello! We’re finishing the season with a busy week:
Concert Band auditions continue this week!!!! Information was distributed on the first day of school. Music can be found here: AHS Band Auditions. Students will need to be familiar with the scales and etudes. For practice purposes, the link also has audio and video files of the music!
Bandquet invitations went out on Friday – please have your student ask if they need another one. Bandquet is on Friday, Nov. 3 at 6pm in the AHS Commons. ABOB Covers dinner for students (with a canned good donation), and they can bring 2 guests ($20 each). Please turn in a RSVP card with guest payment by this Wednesday, 10/25.
- Monday, October 23 – M100 Percussion– 3:15 – 4:30pm
- ABOB Meeting – 7pm, AHS Band Room
- Tuesday, October 24 – 8th Grade Rehearsal – West. We will need to meet at West as close to 4pm as possible to unload trailer and get set up/warmed up – 8th graders join us at 5! We will eat dinner together (pizza provided by ABOB)
- This is also our ABOB General Meeting – 7pm. The AMS 7th/8th grade band will perform as well as the Marching 100. We will need the kids briefly after our performance, but should be out by 8:45pm.
- Thursday, October 26 – Parent/Teacher Conferences – 1-7pm, AHS. Please stop in to say hi! We can talk about anything – student progress, instrument upgrades, college, etc. We can even have mini-lessons with your student – this is you/your child’s chance to have our undivided attention. Please let us know how we can help you!
*We will cut conferences short (5:30pm) on Thursday to get ready for rehearsal. Please let us know if you need to arrange another time to meet.
- Final Full M100 Rehearsal – 6-8:30pm. Guard will begin at 5:30pm
- Friday, October 27 – Parent/Teacher Conferences 8am-1pm, AHS. Please stop in to say hi! We can talk about anything – student progress, instrument upgrades, college, etc. We can even have mini-lessons with your student – this is you/your child’s chance to have our undivided attention. Please let us know how we can help you!
- Saturday, October 28 – Belleville East Marching Invitational – BEMI Itinerary
I received a lot of late submissions and questions about grades today. Unfortunately at this point I cannot edit 1st quarter grades in skyward for the progress report. I’ll get grades changed when I can.
We did have the first quarter playing tests due on Friday (10/13). Students should still get them in (scales & show chunk)! All information is posted on Google Classroom.
- Tuesday, 10/31 – Alton Halloween Parade – here’s our schedule:
5:45pm Meet at AHS, dress in uniform/load buses
6:25pm Depart Alton High School
6:45pm Arrive Alton Police Station/Alton Plaza
7:30pm Parade Step-Off
8:30pm Parade Ends at Piasa St./E 9th Street & Load Up
9:00pm Arrive Alton High School/Unload/Turn in All Parts of Uniform
- Thursday, 11/2 – Lovejoy Festival Concert – Lovejoy Elementary, 7pm. Jazz Band students will play!
- Friday, 11/3 – Bandquet – AHS Commons 6-10pm. Please see info. above!
Mark your calendar!!! It is time to start thinking about our next big trip! (Fall 2018) We’ve got some SUPER EXCITING things planned… we’ll announce the trip on November 1, and the trip kick off meeting will be Thursday, Nov. 16 at 7pm in the AHS Auditorium.