Hello! Sorry for the delay in the band update this week. Ms. Davis and I were at meetings in Springfield all day yesterday.
- Today, 10/20 – 8th Grade Rehearsal/ABOB General Meeting. We do wear full uniform tonight, so please remember your show shirt, shoes, black calf-length socks, and gloves!
Here’s the schedule:
- 4:00pm – Meet at West, unload, quick rehearsal
- *Get to West as early as you safely can. We understand 4pm may be pushing it for some.*
- 5:00pm- 6:30pm – Rehearsal with 8th Graders
- 6:30pm: Pizza with the 8th graders! (Provided by ABOB)
- 7:15pm: Get dressed in uniform
- 7:30pm: ABOB Meeting begins (performances by the Marching 100 and middle school band)
- 8:15pm: ABOB General Meeting ends, load.
- We should be finished up and loading around 8:15 – once their uniforms are hung (correctly) and put on the box truck, you are free to go!It’s always a fun night celebrating band in the Alton School District! See you at West at 7:30!
- Thursday, 10/22 – Full Marching 100 Rehearsal – 6-8:30pm, AHS
- Friday, 10/23 – Senior Night Football – 5:30pm, West – we will wear full uniform – show shirt, shoes, black calf-length socks, and gloves.
- Senior parents – seniors are introduced before the game. I do not have it yet, but traditionally a letter goes home that gives you free admission to the game and more information about student introductions. I’ll send it home when I have it!
- Saturday, 10/24 – St. Genevieve Marching Festival – St. Gen Itinerary
- We received an email today saying the contest will go on rain or shine! They have turf, so the field shouldn’t be bad – if it is raining bad enough we will “stand and play” inside their gym. The show must go on!
Music for Wind Symphony/Symphonic Band auditions was handed out in class at the beginning of the month. If your student does not have it, you can find it at the link here – AHS Band Audition Scales. Junior scales are correct. Please be sure to print out the correct instrument!
Students will play through the scale sheet and sight read for the audition. Auditions are blind.
- Monday, 10/26 – ABOB Meeting – 7pm, AHS Band Room
- Wednesday, 10/28 – ABOB Fundraiser at Olga’s Kitchen – Please click this link, print out the flyer, and present it when you dine at Olga’s! The more folks we have participate, the more we make! Good for all business hours (and take out orders) on the 28!
- Friday, 10/30 – Marching 100 Bandquet – Flyers are going home TODAY (10/20). Please see this post for more information.
- Saturday, 10/31 – Alton Halloween Parade:
6:00pm Arrive Alton High School, get dressed in uniform/load buses/depart
6:45pm Arrive Alton Police Station/Alton Plaza
7:30pm Parade Step-Off
9:00pm Parade Ends at Piasa St./E 9th Street & Load Up
9:30pm Arrive Alton High School/Unload/Turn in All Parts of Uniform
That’s all folks! See you tonight!