Happy Homecoming week!
Attendance: Parents, attendance at Marching 100 has taken a drastic downturn. We had over a dozen students absent from the Tuesday, 10/1 rehearsal, and again over a dozen missing from the Washington competition. Marching Band is the ultimate team activity!!! There are no subs – we can’t just fill their spot. EVERY MEMBER is vitally important to the team. We are teaching teamwork, communication, dedication, responsibility, and commitment – please help us out. The excuses we are getting are extremely avoidable conflicts: dental appointments, birthdays, other appointments, etc. We ask for 5 hours a week after school – please make other arrangements. We have three weeks left – please make 100 a priority!!! Thank you for your help.
Grades: With the quarter ending on Friday, October 11, please check your child’s band grades. We had the 1st Quarter Playing test and 1st Quarter Scales due last Friday, 10/4. Both assignments are 100 points each! All information is on Google Classroom – they can record at home, or before/after school.
We also begin auditions for concert bands this week! Information was in the Band Syllabus and music was handed out the first week of school. Please encourage at home practice!
Parents! We need you! Now that we’ve lived through part of the season, feel free to jump in – we need help with uniforms, riding buses, food, etc. Lots of our parent leaders are graduating this year – now is the time to jump in and learn the ropes! Please let me know if you are interested – Thank you in advance!
Here’s our week:
- Monday, 10/7 – M100 Percussion – 3:30-4:45pm
- NO M100 Color Guard
- Tuesday, 10/8 – Full M100 Rehearsal – 3:30-6pm
- ABOB Cheese & Sausage Pick Up – 2:30 – 5:30pm, AHS
- Wednesday, 10/9 – Jazz Band – 3:30-5pm
- Dine out for ABOB – Olga’s! Show the flyer during all business hours! Dine out @ Olga’s
- Thursday, 10/10 – Full M100 Rehearsal – 3:30-6pm
- Friday, 10/11 – Homecoming FB v. BEast – 5:45pm, Public School Stadium (West). Info for Seniors in the parade:
- Seniors riding in the Homecoming Parade need to plan ahead: leave a vehicle at West with EVERYTHING needed to perform at the game. Carpool over to AMS with someone.
- Be at AMS at 4:30pm. Parade step off is 5:30pm
- We have a truck/trailer ready to go. Seniors are responsible for decorations/candy
- A Hold Harmless Agreement must be turned in for students to participate in the parade. Students received a copy, one has been emailed home, and one is on Google Classroom.
- Monday, 10/14 – ILMEA Auditions (select students), Mascoutah High School
- Tuesday, 10/15 – Full M100 Rehearsal – 3:30-6pm
- Wednesday, 10/16– Jazz Band – 3:30-5pm
- Thursday, 10/17 – Full M100 Rehearsal – 3:30-6pm
- Friday, 10/18 – Bands of America – America’s Center (St. Louis) – we managed to fit it into a school day – BOA Itinerary
- Saturday, 10/19 – Button Days – each fall we hold button days at various spots around town to raise money for the new drumline, uniforms, etc. We do need parent help! Please email me if you are available to be at the following locations/times:
- Mr. Donut (7am-9am or 9am-11am)
- Eppel’s Pantry (8am-10am or 10am -12pm)
- Joe K’s (8am-10am or 10am -12pm)
- St. Louis Bread Co. (8am-10am or 10am -12pm)
- Wal-Mart (8am-10am or 10am -12pm)
- THANK YOU!
- Monday, 10/21 – M100 Percussion – 3:30-4:45pm
- M100 Color Guard – 3:30-6pm
- Tuesday, 10/22 – 8th Grade Night/ABOB General Meeting – 4pm-8:30pm, Public School Stadium
- Wednesday, 10/23 – Jazz Band – 3:30-5pm
- Thursday, 10/24 – Full M100 Rehearsal – 3:30-6pm
- Friday, 10/25 – Senior Night Football v. DeKalb – 5:45pm, Public School Stadium (West)
- Saturday, 10/26 – Belleville East Marching Invitational – Belleville East HS – TBA (plan afternoon/evening)
Marching 100 info:
- A Calendar can be found here: UPDATED M100 2019 Calendar.
- Here are electronic versions of the other forms:
That’s it! Have a great week!