Here’s our week:
- Today, Tuesday, 10/15 – Full M100 Rehearsal – 3:30-6pm
- Wednesday, 10/16– Jazz Band – 3:30-5pm
- Thursday, 10/17 – Full M100 Rehearsal – 3:30-6pm
- Friday, 10/18 – Bands of America – America’s Center (St. Louis) – we managed to fit it into a school day – BOA Itinerary
- If you’re planning on coming to watch on Friday, you can find more info here: BOA Super Regional Spectator Info.
- I have a limited number of free tickets for prelims & finals (separate tickets) on Saturday. First come, first serve – if you & your child would like to go watch, let me know!
- Saturday, 10/19 – Button Days – each fall we hold button days at various spots around town to raise money for the new drumline, uniforms, etc. Students can sign up on the band room door.
We do need parent help! Please email me if you are available to be at the following locations/times:
- Mr. Donut (shifts covered)
- Eppel’s Pantry (8am-10am or 10am -12pm)
- Joe K’s (8am-10am or 10am -12pm)
- St. Louis Bread Co. (8am-10am or 10am -12pm)
- Wal-Mart (shifts covered)
- THANK YOU!
Grades: The quarter ended on Friday, October 11 – please check your child’s band grades. We had the 1st Quarter Playing test and 1st Quarter Scales due Friday, 10/4. Both assignments are 100 points each! All information is on Google Classroom – they can record at home, or before/after school.
We also begin auditions for concert bands this week! Information was in the Band Syllabus and music was handed out the first week of school. Please encourage at home practice!
Parents! We need you! Now that we’ve lived through most of the season, feel free to jump in – we need help with uniforms, riding buses, food, etc. Lots of our parent leaders are graduating this year – now is the time to jump in and learn the ropes! Please let me know if you are interested – Thank you in advance!
- Monday, 10/21 – M100 Percussion – 3:30-4:45pm
- M100 Color Guard – 3:30-6pm
- Tuesday, 10/22 – 8th Grade Night/ABOB General Meeting – 4pm-8:30pm, Public School Stadium
- Wednesday, 10/23 – Jazz Band – 3:30-5pm
- Thursday, 10/24 – Full M100 Rehearsal – West – 3:30-6pm
- We will keep all equipment at West this week (just makes life easier). Since it’s P/T conferences, we will rehearse at West!
- Friday, 10/25 – Senior Night Football v. DeKalb – 5:45pm, Public School Stadium (West)
- Saturday, 10/26 – Belleville East Marching Invitational – Belleville East HS – TBA (plan afternoon/evening)
- Monday, 10/28 – ABOB Meeting – 7pm, AHS
- Thursday, 10/31 – Halloween Parade – Downtown Alton. TBA – Please note they have moved the start time to 7:00pm!
That’s it! Have a great week!