Information on the ABOB ISYM (Illinois School Youth Music) Scholarship was handed out last week – students can win half or full scholarships to attend a camp this summer. It’s a wonderful opportunity for our students – the applications to audition are due on January 31. If your student is interested and didn’t get one, have them ask us! You can find more information here – ABOB ISYM Scholarship
Here’s our week:
- Today, Monday 1/29 – Percussion Ensemble – 3:15 – 4:15pm
- Tuesday, 1/30 – Lab Jazz Band – 3:15-4:30pm
- Broom Check In/Out – 6-7pm, AHS
- Thursday, 2/1 – Concert Jazz Band – 3:15-4:30pm
- Monday, 2/5 – Percussion Ensemble – 3:15 – 4:15pm
- Dinner Auction Meeting – stuffing invitations! 7pm, Ed & Cathy Gray’s house
- Tuesday, 2/6 – Lab Jazz Band – 3:15-4:30pm
- Gray Pep Band Game – 6:45pm
- Thursday, 2/8 – Concert Jazz Band – 3:15-4:30pm
- Red Pep Band Game – 6:45pm
- Saturday, 2/10 – Winterguards compete @ Edwardsville HS
Disney Trip Fundraising:
We should have more information on future fundraisers coming out later this week! (1/29)
- Popsockets are an ongoing fundraiser! We still have a lot to sell to make a profit! At the high school we will check out Popsockets at any time. Please send in money with your student!
Popsocket Order Form
- Brooms are here! We will have a pick up/turn in on Tuesday, 1/30 from 6-7pm at AHS. A couple of reminders:
- Adults can sign out bundles of 6 or 12 brooms. You will be accepting responsibility for returning either money ($10 per broom) or unsold brooms.
- If you’d like more than the max. 12 brooms to check out, please prepay for them (checks made payable to ABOB).
- Students may get brooms if they pay for them upfront.
- Please turn in money for all sold brooms before checking out more.
- All money or unsold brooms must be in one month from their check out date.
- Cardinals Games – We’ll be setting dates here quickly and getting them out!
- Spaghetti Dinner – due to many conflicts with space/time at the high school, we will not be having a spaghetti dinner this year – we are planning to get it going next year!
- Cookbooks – our plan is to put together a music department cookbook just in time for Mother’s Day. We need your recipes!!! Please submit them on the following Google Form – Music Department Cookbook. If you’d rather, we’ll have paper copies available as well. Feel free to submit as many as you like!
Disney Trip Information:
- It’s not too late to sign up! We’d love to have more students/parents go! You can find all the information (trip dates, cost, how to sign up) at this link – Disney Trip Information.
- At this point, everyone should have $200 in their trip accounts – the $75 deposit and January’s $125 payment. Please contact Music Travel if you need to make special arrangements.
- Fundraising payments take a long time to be seen in your account – we have to make sure everything is accounted for on our end then send it to MTC who has to deposit it/sort it out. Please be patient! Thank you.