We are having a FANTASTIC first week of camp! These kids are working their tails off to have a fantastic show – the opener is coming together really well, and we’re hoping to have most of the second movement on the field by the end of the week.
If your child needs to miss any amount of camp for any reason, please let us know!
I think most of the band is coming home TIRED each day. Please keep encouraging them to drink water (we aren’t drinking nearly enough!), eat light, healthy meals and getting plenty of sleep!
Here’s what we’ve got going on throughout camp:
- It’s time to order Spiritwear!!! Order forms went home yesterday, but please see the following for information.
Dear Parents2017(new track jacket)
2017 Spirit Wear Pictures – 2018
Spirit Wear Order Form 2017 2018
If you have any questions, please contact Barbie Morris at firstname.lastname@example.org. She will also be around at band camp!!!
- Today (Thursday, 7/27) is the last day your child will need lunch plans. All other lunches will be provided, and all students will stay on campus! Here’s the lunch plan (there will be a vegetarian option too):
- Friday, 7/28 – lunch provided by Upper Alton Baptist Church – Sloppy Joes, chips, veggies, watermelon, cookies
- Monday, 7/31 – lunch provided by Mr. Ed Gray – hot dogs & burgers
- Tuesday, 8/1 – lunch provided by ABOB – sack lunches
- Wednesday, 8/2 – lunch provided by Vern Van Hoy – catered in by a local golf course
- Thursday, 8/3 – lunch provided by ABOB – walking tacos!
Camp will run 8am-5pm Monday – Wednesday. Thursday will change – we’ll get out early to get cleaned up for the parent performance! Here’s the information on that:
- Thursday – Camp 8am – 3pm, AHS. Lunch is being provided by ABOB (Walking Tacos!!!). Camp will dismiss at 3pm so students can go home and shower for the parent performance.
- 5:30pm – Meet at Public School Stadium (West) – students meet down by the trailer.
- Dress: Blue ‘Echoes off the river’ show shirt, khaki shorts, long black socks, black marching shoes.
- 6:30pm – Parent Performance Begins! Please invite anyone who is interested! We’re ready to show you what we’ve put together so far!
- After the parent performance: Ice Cream Social at Shiver’s – let’s meet up for some ice cream to celebrate a successful band camp! Thursday, August 3, we can meet at Shiver’s Frozen Custard from 7-9pm. Proceeds from that time frame will go to ABOB! You do have to park and order (drive thru doesn’t count) – the 100 staff will be heading that way after the parent performance – meet us there!
- Mark your calendars! We have two Dine Out for ABOB events coming up!
- Papa John’s – THIS WEEKEND! July 27-30. Order online and use the code ABOB30 when checking out!
- Shiver’s – August 3 – 7-10pm. We’ll have a cool treat after the parent performance! We only receive proceeds from patio orders (no drive thru). No flyer – just order!
- This flyer contains information for both events: ABOB Dine Out Summer 2017