What GREAT performances we had at the IHSA Organizational Contest last Friday in O’Fallon. Wind Symphony and Jazz Band received I (Superior) ratings and Symphonic Band received a II (Excellent) rating. The bands all played for three judges (college directors/professors, Air Force musicans, etc.) for feedback and a rating.
BRAVO to all students! We are so proud of you all!
Here’s our week:
- Tonight! Marching 100 Drumline Auditions (ALL students interested in trying out for drumline/pit) – Monday, April 18 – 6-8pm. Click here for information.
- Tonight! ABOB Meeting – Monday, April 18 – 7pm – Orchestra Room
- The Cherrydale Nashville Trip Fundraiser is due TODAY. Please get it in ASAP. We will be around from 6-8pm tonight if you can drop it by. If not, please send it in with your student tomorrow. – Click here for more information
- Mini-Parade at West Elementary -Thursday, April 21 – 4:20-5:20pm – We have been asked to have some of the 100 members (a small group) to lead a parade at their last family night of the year. There is a sign up sheet on the band room door – we will meet at West elementary at 4:30pm, wearing jeans and an Alton High shirt. The plan is to play ‘Alton Loyalty’ to lead their parade then head home! This is an extra credit opportunity!
- 4th Quarter Playing Tests will begin this week. Here’s some information: Playing Test Info
- Marching 100 Student Leader applications will be going out this week (goal is Wednesday). Keep your eyes peeled for more information if your student is interested!
- Alton High Musical “Anything Goes” – next week: April 28, 29, 30 – 7pm. May 1 – 2pm. Alton High School Auditorium. Tickets are $8 for adults, $6 for students. We will have general seating for every performance, so tickets may be purchased at the door. If you’d like to purchase tickets in advance, please let me know.
If you’d like to become a patron of the show please see the information here
- Spring Band Concert – Thursday, May 5, 7pm – AHS Auditorium
- Fine Arts Critiques Due – Friday, May 6. Fine Arts Critique Rubric for All Bands
Students have had plenty of opportunities (including in class) to see a performance to critique. The musical counts!
- Marching 100 Spring Button Days – Friday, May 13 (evening) and Saturday, May 14 (morning). More info. TBA
- ABOB Dine Out at Elijah P’s – Monday, May 16. This one will be great! Elijah P’s is opening up just for us on a Monday night, and Third Coast (Mr. Jarden & Mr. King’s group) will be the entertainment for the evening! Join us for a night of good food and great music – supporting a cause near and dear to all of us.
- AHS Graduation – Friday, May 27 – TBA. All students play graduation!
- Memorial Day Parade (M100) – Monday, May 30 – Upper Alton. TBA
If you missed the Marching 100 Meeting, need another copy of a form, or would like some info. on the Nashville trip you can find it all here – click for more information.*The calendar has all ready changed – just the contest locations for the fall. Dates are currently the same. The calendar is updated on the meeting post and you can find it here – 100 Calendar Jun-Nov. 2016.