Hello! A busy, busy week!
- Symphonic Band Rehearsal – Tuesday, 3/1 – 3:15-4pm, Band Room. Students have an activity bus that they can ride home after – they just need to let Ms. Davis know. Also, please let her know if your student has a conflict – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Winter Band Concert – Wednesday, 3/2 – 7pm, AHS Auditorium. All band students play on this concert! Symphonic Band will wear all black – Note: points will be taken off for improper dress: open-toed shoes, casual shoes, black jeans, no tights underneath skirts/dresses, etc.
Wind Symphony will wear their dresses/tuxes.
Students will need to arrive by 6:15pm – Symphonic Band in the band room, Wind Symphony in the orchestra room.
*There is a basketball sectional game the same evening in the gym (Alton v. Chatham-Glenwood), so parking may be tight – plan on arriving a little early!
- Friday, 3/4 – Standby Pep Band Game – if Alton wins their game Wednesday night, they will play again on Friday evening. We’ve been asked to have a pep band ready to go! This game is purely extra credit (25 points) and we have a volunteer sign up on the band room door. We will meet at 6:15pm as the game will start at 7pm.
- IHSA Solo & Ensemble – Saturday, 3/5 – All Wind Symphony and some Symphonic Band students will perform at Solo & Ensemble, which we host at AHS. Performance times will be out today!
- Student worker sign up sheets will be on the band room door today.
- We do need parent help!!! We are needing parent volunteers to help us out with IHSA Solo & Ensemble Contest this Saturday, March 5 at AHS. Our entire AHS music department family benefits from this.
- Concessions: 7:30am – 1:30pm (2 hr shifts) assist Fritz’s with prep and selling concessions.
- Room Monitor: 8:30am – 2:00pm (2 hr shifts) monitor the door while students are performing; keep the room moving.
- Contest Office: 8:30am-2:00 (all day) enter data and other office assistance
You will be able to leave and watch your kids’ performances.
If you are interested, please e-mail me (email@example.com) or Ms. Davis (firstname.lastname@example.org) and let us know which shift you’ll be taking!Thank you!
ABOB Spring Butter Braid order forms went out last week! Click here for more information.
- Marching 100 Kick-Off Meeting – Tuesday, March 8 – 6:30pm – Alton High Auditorium – We will kick off the 2016-2017 trip, discuss the calendar, and reveal the show!!!
- ABOB Dinner Auction – Saturday, 3/12 – doors open at 5:30pm, dinner at 7pm. Invitations went out earlier this month – please let me know if you did not receive one! You can also get your tickets at this link
A note about Dinner Auction:
I am looking for parents to coordinate section baskets for the upcoming ABOB dinner auction.
You will need to decide on a theme and then collect donations from the section you represent.
Please help our students and ABOB support them during marching season and all year long.
Please email me at email@example.com or call/text 560-3823.
- Marching 100 Pancake Breakfast/ABOB Vendor Fair – Saturday, 3/19 – if you are a vendor who would like to have a table, please email Mrs. Plummer at firstname.lastname@example.org. Students will be selling tickets to the pancake breakfast (first trip fundraiser!). More information will be coming at the beginning of March!
- Jazz on a Spring Evening will be Thursday, April 7 at 7pm in the AMS Annex Cafeteria. The AMS and AHS jazz bands will play.
- IHSA Organizational Contest will be Friday, April 15 at O’Fallon High School. Wind Symphony, Symphonic Band, and Jazz Band all play – this is our “state” contest each year. If you have any questions, please let Ms. Cudney know.