WOW! What an incredible weekend! Thank you, Thank you, THANK YOU to all who helped out at the 30th annual ABOB Olde Alton Arts & Crafts fair. We heard nothing but compliments about your student helpers, and the positivity and love for our instrumental program was certainly felt. Thank you to ALL who were involved!
Hopefully the kids are thinking about the end of the semester, but we have several big grades coming due quickly! Please encourage them to get them out of the way early:
- 2nd Quarter Scale recordings – due Dec. 14
- 2nd Quarter Playing Test recording – due Dec. 14
- Fine Arts Critique (youtube video) – due Dec. 14
All information is posted on Google Classroom, and the assignments can be done at school or at home! Each assignment is worth 100 points – please encourage your child to get them done! Every semester we see grades fall at the last minute because these assignments don’t get turned in.
Here’s our important dates for the rest of the semester:
- Wednesday, December 12 – Alton Bands Concert – 7pm, AHS Gym. (grades 6-12) All high school concert bands (Concert Band, Symphonic Band, and Wind Symphony) play at this concert!
- Dress: Wind Symphony wears dresses/tuxes – gentlemen do need to provide their own tuxedo shirt and bow tie! Symphonic Band and Concert Band wear all black – please no black jeans or tennis shoes. A polo or button down with black dress pants and shoes is perfect!
- Set up – We will need help setting up for the concert! We get the gym at 5:15pm, and will need help laying down carpet squares and moving chairs and stands. Adults and students welcome! We can give service hours or extra credit to students who help!
- All students will need to be at AHS dressed and ready to go by 6:15pm
- Friday, December 14 – Assignments Due (see above)
- Gray Pep Band Game – 6:45pm, AHS
- Friday, December 21 – Band Final Exam – we will be sending out information after the concert. We do have a written exam!
- Red Pep Band Game – 6:45pm, AHS
Pep Band is up and running! We had a great first game!
*Pep band is a graded activity for all band students (25 points per game). We divide the band into two groups – Red Pep and Gray Pep, so they only attend half the games (5 games total) and can attend the other games for extra credit! We only have a drum set in pep band, so percussionists make up the time at the Monday after school percussion ensemble!
Band rosters are posted in the band room, and here’s the remaining pep band schedule:
|Friday, 12/14 – 6:45pm||Gray|
|Friday, 12/21 – 6:45pm||Red|
|Tuesday, 1/8 – 6:45pm||Gray|
|Friday, 1/11 – 6:45pm||Red|
|Saturday, 2/2 – 6:45pm||Gray|
|Tuesday, 2/19 – 6:45pm||Red|
|Friday, 2/22 – 6:45pm||Gray|