Hello! Here’s what we have for the week
- Tuesday, 1/12 – Red Pep Band Game – POSTPONED. No game tonight. It will be re-scheduled. I’ll pass along that information when I know it!
- Wednesday, 1/13 – Illinois College Wind Ensemble – 6th hour (in class) – a free, easy Fine Arts Critique opportunity! Get it done EARLY!!!! Fine Arts Critique Rubric for All Bands
Looking to the rest of the month:
- Bi-State Band Festival (select students – they’ve been notified) – January 22/23.
- ABOB Meeting – Monday, 1/25 – AHS Orchestra room. We will be meeting around 6:30pm to start stuffing invitations for dinner auction – the more the merrier!
- ILMEA All-State – (select students – they’ve been notified) – January 27 – 30 – Peoria, IL.
Now is the time to start thinking about the ABOB Dinner Auction – please contact me if you’d like to help or if you have any items to donate!
Marching 100 Info:
Please note: we’re just trying to get the information that we currently have out for summer planning. All dates are subject to change! We’ll keep you informed as we know.
Just for planning purposes, Band Camp is scheduled for Monday, July 25 – Thursday, August 4. 8am – 4pm.
We are planning on the usual Tuesday evenings 6-8:30pm. There may be some changes to the parade schedule this summer – once we get the calendar planned we’ll send it out!
2016-2017 is a trip year! We don’t have definite dates/locations yet, but this is a “small” trip, so we’re looking in the $500-$600 range. We will have fundraising – if you’re interested/available to help plan fundraisers please let me know!
The current plan is to kick off the trip fundraising/planning at the annual Marching 100 kick off meeting – the plan is to have that in March!
Hopefully that helps with some planning – let us know if you have any questions.