Tis the season! The 31st annual Olde Alton Arts & Crafts Fair is just 2.5 weeks away! We need all kinds of parent help throughout the weekend – this event is HUGE and brings in a large chunk of the funds ABOB uses to fund our band program. Please help out! You can contact the following chairs to schedule a time to help:
Mike & Angela Halliday – Kitchen – email@example.com. You can also sign up for the kitchen here: ABOB Craft Fair Kitchen
Tonya Duke – Doors – firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also sign up for doors here: ABOB Craft Fair Doors
Amy Hillery – Baskets – email@example.com
Penny Boedeker – Soda – firstname.lastname@example.org
Parking – we will need some folks to help out with parking as well – we’re hoping we can get a team together. Please email Mrs. Plummer to sign up – email@example.com
For more craft fair info. please check out this link: ABOB Craft Fair Volunteers & Donations
Here’s our week:
- Monday, 11/18 – Percussion – 3:30-4:45pm
- ABOB Meeting – 7pm, AHS – the meeting has been moved up a week to avoid the Jazz on a Fall Evening concert
- Tuesday, 11/19 – Pep Band Rehearsal– ALL instrumentalists – 3:15-4:25pm. Students can ride the activity bus home if needed!
- It’s time to start thinking about pep band! All band students participate. We divide the band in half – into a Red Band & and Gray Band. Each band plays at half the basketball games for the season. This rehearsal is for both bands/everyone to get familiar with the music. Rosters are posted on Google Classroom & are posted in the band room.
- Friday, 11/22 – AMS/AHS Winterguard rehearsal – Lovejoy Elementary Gym. AMS – 3:45-6pm, AHS – 6-9pm
- Saturday, 11/23 – AMS/AHS Winterguard rehearsal – Lovejoy Gym – AMS – 12-4pm, AHS 4-8pm
- Monday, 11/25 – Jazz on a Fall Evening – 7pm, LCCC – Trimpe ATC Building. Info from Mr. Jarden:
- On Monday, November 25th, the AHS jazz band will be performing with the LCCC band in the Advanced Technology Center in the Trimpe Building. (Trimpe is the building next to Hatheway Hall on the left if you’re parked in the public parking lot). The concert begins at 7pm. I am asking AHS Jazz band members to arrive from 6:30-6:45 to give us time to tune/ warm up. Attire will be nice clothes (like the Lovejoy concert). Please bring your music and your instrument (rhythm section amps/ drum set will be provided).
- Tuesday, 11/26 – AMS/AHS Winterguard rehearsals – Lovejoy Gym – AMS 2-5pm, AHS 5-8pm
- Monday, 12/2 – Pep Band Game – Everyone! 6:15pm, Band Room – we rehearse the tunes for a bit then play the first game together so everyone learns the ropes!
- Wednesday, 12/4 – AMS/AHS Winterguard rehearsal – Lovejoy Elementary Gym. AMS – 3:45-6pm, AHS – 6-9pm
- Friday, 12/6 – ABOB Craft Fair set up – all evening. Sign up sheets for students are on the orchestra room doors!
- AMS/AHS Winterguard rehearsal – Lovejoy Elementary Gym. AMS – 3:45-6pm, AHS – 6-9pm
- Saturday, 12/7 & Sunday, 12/8 – ABOB Olde Alton Arts & Crafts Fair. Tis the season! We will need tons of student & parent help! Please get involved in the biggest fundraising weekend of the year!
Here’s the pep band game schedule:
|Monday, 12/2 – 6:15pm||EVERYONE|
|Tuesday, 12/10 – 6:45pm||Red|
|Friday, 12/13 – 6:45pm||Gray|
|Friday, 1/3 – 6:45pm||Red|
|Monday, 1/6 – 6:45pm||Gray|
|Friday, 1/10 – 6:45pm||Red|
|Saturday, 2/1 – 6:45pm||Gray|
|Friday, 2/14 – 6:45pm||Red|
|Friday, 2/21 – 6:45pm||Gray|
|Saturday, 2/22 – 6:45pm||EVERYONE|
That’s it! Have a great week!