Hello! Stay warm out there!!!
It is time to think about Craft Fair! This is one of our biggest fundraisers of the year, which allows Marching 100 to do ALL that we do!
We need all kinds of help! Please see below to get involved:
The ABOB Ole Alton Arts & Craft Fair is just a little over 2 weeks away!
Saturday, December 1 and Sunday, December 2.
Craft Fair is a HUGE event for ABOB that usually brings in over $26,000.00 for our district band and orchestra programs and the Marching 100. We are seeking parent help all weekend.
Mike Halliday has taken over the kitchen and is looking for parent volunteers throughout the weekend. Please head to this link – Craft Fair Kitchen Sign Up – to sign up if you can help out for a couple of hours (or more!) or contact Mike directly at: email@example.com, 444-1407
Other areas needing parents volunteers:
Vicki Schilling, doors: firstname.lastname@example.org, 531-5789
Amy Hillery, basket raffle: email@example.com, 520-9850
Penny Boedeker, soda sale: firstname.lastname@example.org
Donate a store bought dessert: email@example.com, 474-6967
We are looking for some parents to take over lining up parent volunteers for the doors/entrance fee, which Vicki Schilling has done for the past few years. She has really good list of parents who have helped out.
We are also looking to create a team of some parents who would be willing to help with parking.
Please contact Laura Plummer if you are willing to be a part of the doors or parking team: firstname.lastname@example.org 474-6967.
Any help you can offer, big or small, would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you all so very much!
Instrumental Music Coordinator
Alton CUSD #11
Ph: (618) 474-6967
Here’s our week:
- Tom Evans (ABOB Fall Fundraiser – Cheese & Sausage) is offering ABOB 50% profit on online sales through November! Please see the link for more information: Online Fundraiser
- Today, Monday, November 12 – Percussion rehearsal – 3:15-5pm
- Jazz Band – 3:30-5pm
- Tuesday, November 13 – AHS/AMS Winter Guard – first practice, 5:30-8:30, East Elementary Gym. Contact Mr. Paynic or Ms. Gossett for more information: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fall Orchestra Concert – 7pm, AHS Auditorium. Lots of band students will be performing!
- Saturday, November 17 – ILMEA Festival – selected students. Information was emailed to the participants!
- Monday, November 19 – Jazz Band – 3:30-5pm
- ABOB Meeting – 7pm, AHS
- Monday, November 26 – Percussion rehearsal – 3:15-5pm
- Jazz on a Fall Evening – 7pm, Trimpe Building, LCCC
- Tuesday, November 27 – Pep Band Rehearsal – 3:15-4:15 – Band room
- Thursday, November 29 – Pep Band Game – BOTH red & gray bands – 6:15pm
- Friday, November 30 – Craft Fair Set Up
- Red Pep Band Game – 6:45pm, AHS
- Saturday December 1 & Sunday December 2 – Craft Fair – AHS. We will need both parent & student help for this GREAT event! Please see above. Student sign up sheets will be posted later this month.
It’s time to start thinking about Pep Band!
*Pep band is a graded activity for all band students (25 points per game). We divide the band into two groups – Red Pep and Gray Pep, so they only attend half the games (5 games total) and can attend the other games for extra credit! We only have a drum set in pep band, so percussionists make up the time at the Monday after school percussion ensemble!
Band rosters are posted in the band room, and here’s the pep band schedule:
|Tuesday, 11/27- 3:15-4:15||EVERYONE|
|Thursday, 11/29 – 6:15pm||EVERYONE|
|Friday, 11/30 – 6:45pm||Red|
|Friday, 12/14 – 6:45pm||Gray|
|Friday, 12/21 – 6:45pm||Red|
|Tuesday, 1/8 – 6:45pm||Gray|
|Friday, 1/11 – 6:45pm||Red|
|Saturday, 2/2 – 6:45pm||Gray|
|Tuesday, 2/19 – 6:45pm||Red|
|Friday, 2/22 – 6:45pm||Gray|
Disney Wrap Up:
- We’re going to work on a Google Drive where everyone can drop/save pictures from the trip. Feel free to add/save some: Disney Photos 2018 Please just be sure you don’t delete/remove photos!
- Please don’t forget about the Disney Photo Orders – it’s a great shot! We still have 8 orders out! You will not receive your photo until it’s paid for. Checks can be made payable to ABOB.