Hello! We have a pretty light 4 day week:
- Wednesday, 1/22 – Freshmen Jazz “Auditions” – after school. Mr. Jarden sent an email home this weekend – this is for auditioning for the festival band. Students will play a couple scales, sight read, then they’re free to leave! Upperclassmen will audition during class.
- AMS/AHS Winterguard rehearsal – Lovejoy Elementary Gym. AMS – 3:45-6pm, AHS – 6-9pm
- Thursday, 1/23 – Dinner Auction Meeting – 7pm, Ed & Cathy Gray’s house. We are looking for more folks to help! We plan decorations for the event, stuff invitations, and seek donations for the auction. Please email me for more info!
- Friday, 1/24 – AMS/AHS Winterguard rehearsal – Lovejoy Elementary Gym. AMS – 3:45-6pm, AHS – 6-9pm
- Saturday, 1/25 – Winterguard Premier Show – Francis Howell North – You can find a schedule here
We have discussed it in class, but ABOB offers a Summer Camp Scholarship that students are invited to audition for. You can find more info here. Applications are due February 5!
As we get started with the spring semester, the 3rd Quarter Scales are all ready posted on Google Classroom – they can be done and turned in at any time! We’ll get the playing test and fine arts critiques posted soon.
- Monday, 1/27 – Percussion – 3:30-4:45pm
- ABOB Meeting, 7pm, AHS
- Wednesday, 1/29 – AMS/AHS Winterguard rehearsal – Lovejoy Elementary Gym. AMS – 3:45-6pm, AHS – 6-9pm
- Friday, 1/31 – AMS/AHS Winterguard rehearsal – Lovejoy Elementary Gym. AMS – 3:45-6pm, AHS – 6-9pm
- NO Pep Band game on 2/1. It’s a shootout, so a little different format.
Looking further ahead (to make sure they’re on your calendar):
- Thursday, 2/27 – All Bands Concert, 7pm, AHS Auditorium
- Monday, 3/2 – Music For All Festival – O’Fallon, IL High School. This is our “contest” for the year. It’s on Pulaski Day – should be in the morning!
- Saturday, 3/7 – IHSA Solo & Ensemble Contest – All Day, AHS. This is an “all hands on deck” day! We will need lots of student and parent help to host the 20 schools that attend. All sophomores – seniors will also perform that day!
I know we’re starting to plan 2020 and summer dates. We don’t have anything set in stone yet, but here are the tentative M100 Band Camp Dates:
Monday, July 27 – Friday, July 31 & Monday, August 3 – Thursday, August 6. That gives us all a week for last minute vacations/to prep for school starting! *This is subject to change!!!!
Here’s the pep band game schedule:
|Friday, 2/14 – 6:45pm||Red|
|Friday, 2/21 – 6:45pm||Gray|
|Saturday, 2/22 – 6:45pm||EVERYONE|
That’s it! Have a great week – stay warm out there!