Alton Band and Orchestra Builders
September 26, 2016
MEMBERS IN ATTENDANCE:
Amy Hillery – President
Vicky Schilling – Vice President
Penny Boedeker – Secretary
Paula Fritz – Hospitality
Mike Haynes – Communications
Cortney Frosch – Ways and Means
Ed Gray – Financial
Rose Lammers – Craft Fair
Tom Pullen – ABOB.net
TEACHERS IN ATTENDANCE:
Jamie Pullen, Macie Henkhaus, Jill Mitchell, Mary and Terri Pearson, Larry Qualls
President Hillery called the meeting to order at 7:05 pm. Minutes of the August meetings were reviewed. Finding no additions or corrections, Paula Fritz made the motion to accept, and Mike Haynes seconded, motion carried. Treasurer, Cindy Kirbach, presented financial report. Paula Fritz made motion to accept the report as written, Rose Lammers seconded, motion carried.
Alyssa Cudney – High School Band
- Marching 100 competitions at Edwardsville and Lafayette this month so far.
- Pep Rally is scheduled for 5:30am, September 29 on Channel 5.
- There was an email vote (unanimous) to buy donuts for morning pep rally.
- Homecoming game and alumni event are September 30. Seniors in band will be doing a float.
- Three remaining competitions at Potosi, Francis Howell and St. Genevieve
Laura Plummer – High School Orchestra
- IMEA in a few weeks
- Number are down for orchestra at elementary but classes seem larger because more students at one school.
- Ann Davis announces Spring Musical – Les Miserables
Sally Pierce (email report) – Middle School Band and Orchestra
- Jazzios and Schuman have started rehearsals.
- 5th grade honors starts this week.
Hospitality: Paula Fritz
- Nothing to report
Communications: Mike Haynes
- Sent email last month for Applebees night.
- Now doing monthly mass email with agenda and minutes links.
- For next month – Alumni night reminder
Technology: Tom Pullen
- Did recent clean up on ABOB.net.
- Have received payments for band fees and alumni shirts and will be transferring funds to ABOB accounts.
- Alumni Night
- Numbers are down. Considering doing event every 5 years instead of annually.
- T shirts are ordered and will be ready on Thursday
- Button Days – September 9&10 – Jamie Pullen
- Made $2800 for entire event.
- Picked up extra places on Friday because we would be missing WalMart on Saturday
- All went well for event.
- Spring – May 5&6, 2017
- Fall – September 8 & 9, 2017
- Posted thank you to businesses on Facebook – Well received
- Proposal to sell leftover buttons at Homecoming and other upcoming events.
Ways & Means: Cortney Frosch
- Tom Evans (Cheese & Sausage)
- Number were down – Possibly due to not doing frozen brochure
- Delivery will be October 4.
- Butter braid fundraiser October 11-21
- Pickup November 9.
- Restaurant nights
- Olga’s – October
- Luciana’s – November 12
- Pancake Dinner in December
Trivia Night – October 21 – Laura Plummer
- All tables sold
- Have 2 Round Sponsors spots left.
Trip Fundraisers – Macie Henkhaus
- TJs Pizza complete
- Delivery October 11
- Riverbend Calendars are going well
- $1000 sold so far
- We have broke even on initial cost
- Trash bags – October 24 – November 7
- Pancake Dinner – December 14, 5-8pm
Craft Fair – Rose Lammers
- Less than 40 booths available
Dinner Auction – Ed Gray
Nothing to report
Spring Vendor Fair – Jill Mitchell
- Emails have gone out to those that participated last year
- Reaching out to vendors at events on weekends.
- No old business
- No new Business
Next Meeting Scheduled for October 24, 2016.
Meeting adjourned at 8:04 pm.
Respectfully Submitted, Penny Boedeker