Alton Band and Orchestra Builders
November 21, 2016
MEMBERS IN ATTENDANCE:
Amy Hillery – President Vicky Schilling – Vice President Penny Boedeker – Secretary Mike Haynes – Communications Ed Gray – Financial Cindy Kirbach – Treasurer Tom Pullen – ABOB.net Rose Lammers – Craft Fair
TEACHERS IN ATTENDANCE:
Laura Plummer Steve James Alyssa Cudney Overmann
Jamie Pullen, Macie Henkhaus, Jill Mitchell, Dave Fritz
President Hillery called the meeting to order at 7:04 pm. Minutes of the October meeting were reviewed. Finding no additions or corrections, Tom Pullen made the motion to accept, and Mike Haynes seconded, motion carried. Cindy Kirbach presented financial report. Tom Pullen made motion to accept report as presented, and Mike Haynes seconded, motion carried.
Alyssa (Cudney) Overmann – High School Band
- Band played a wedding (Cudney/Overmann) on Saturday, November 19.
- Auditioned for concert bands
- Prepping for December 7 concert
- Wind Symphony smaller this year.
- Pep band starts next week
- Jazz on a Fall evening November 28, 7:30pm at LCCC
Laura Plummer – High School Orchestra
- Recent Orchestra went very well
- Orchestra participating in Winter Wonderland December 1
- Chamber Strings performing at Evergreen on December 9
Sally Pierce (email report) – Middle School Band and Orchestra
- Winter concert on December 8
- Using iPads everyday, thank you so much
Hospitality: Dave Fritz
- Sign ups ready for student helpers for craft fair
Communications: Mike Haynes
- Amazon reminder sent a few days ago for holiday shopping
Technology: Tom Pullen
- Pushed Amazon link higher on the Abob.net main page
- Created board email list for everyone to use.
- Looking at a few new things to shine the site up again.
- Sell M100 coats at concert.
- Individual band pictures for next year.
- 3 t-shirts remaining from alumni night. $10 each.
Ways & Means: Cortney Frosch
- Amazon has made $174 so far this year up from $80 in October
- Dine out day at Luciana’s. Originally had agreed on 10% for morning sales, but because everyone was so kind they gave 10% for entire day. $156
- Butter braids last month, sold $3900, received $1568.
- Sell calendars at Craft Fair, concerts and other locations.
Trivia Night – Laura Plummer
- Looking into Bluff City Grill for next year as a possibility for more space. Room cost $500. No outside food or drinks.
Trip Fundraisers – Macie Henkhaus
- 49 kids have participated in calendar sales with $3900 profit
- $401.50 profit for trash bag fundraiser.
- December 14, pancake dinner from 5-7pm
Craft Fair – Rose Lammers
- Booths are full and have waiting list. About 260-270 booths.
- Have 144 mugs. Will sell for $5 to crafters and includes free coffee and tea.
- Advertising is done.
Dinner Auction – Ed Gray
- First meeting December 12/12, 7pm at the Gray’s
Spring Vendor Fair – Jill Mitchell
- Have handed out 40 information packets to sign up.
- Corporate sponsorship contact Republic High school
Next Meeting Scheduled for December 19, 2016, 6:30 pm at Johnson’s Corner.
Meeting adjourned at 8: 14pm.
Respectfully Submitted, Penny Boedeker