Alton Band and Orchestra Builders
Meeting Minutes March 26, 2018
MEMBERS IN ATTENDANCE:
Amy Hillery – President
Vicki Schilling – Vice President Penny Boedeker – Secretary Mike Haynes – Communications
Cindy Kirbach – Treasurer
Tom Pullen – ABOB.net
Tonya Duke – Trivia Night Ed Gray – Financial Jill Mitchell – Vendor Fair
Guests: Laura Shansey
TEACHERS IN ATTENDANCE:
President Hillery called the meeting to order at 7:09pm. Minutes from the February meeting were reviewed. No additions or corrections requested. Mike Haynes made the motion to accept, Jill Mitchell seconded, and the motion carried.
The financial report was reviewed by Cindy Kirbach, Treasurer. Mike Haynes made a motion to accept the report as presented, seconded by Jill Mitchell, motion carried.
High School Band – Alyssa Overmann
- Jazz on a Spring Evening next Thursday AMS cafeteria.
- Percussion concert next Wednesday
- Springfield MO next weekend for championships. Middle school has done very well.
- Contest on April 13.
- April 11 Marching 100 kickoff.
- May 3 Spring concert.
Middle School Orchestra – Email
- Schumann trip to the Music in the Parks competition is completely paid for, thank you, ABOB for the donation. We perform at 11:45 on April 28 at Northwest HS.
- Excited for Stringsation on Wednesday. We picked 6 kids to give scholarships for private lessons. These are kids who would definitely benefit from some one-on-one and we’re looking forward to seeing them improve.
- For the Coffee Concert we’ve narrowed down donations that we’d like to give the volunteering parents more chance to sit and hear their kids perform. Also working on promoting the concert.
- Spring Concert May 1 in the AMS auditorium.
High School Orchestra – Laura Plummer Email
Thank you so very much to the Dinner Auction committee and the Vendor Fair committee,Jill Mitchell and Sarah Linke, for all of the work that went into these 2 events. They were both outstanding!
Stringsation! is this Wednesday, 7pm in the AHS gymWe’ll have over 300 elementary, middle, and high school orchestra kiddos performing.
Pit orchestra and Symphonic Orchestra after school rehearsals are in high gear.
This year’s musical is My Fair Lady.Performances date are, Thursday, April 26, 7pm; Friday, April 27, 7pm; Saturday, April 28, 7pm; Sunday, April 29, 2pm$10 for adults. $5 for studentsInfo on the Patron Program can be found on abob.net and on the AHS music web page.
Symphonic Orchestra is going to IHSA Organization Contest which is Friday, April 12 at Jerseyville Comm. H.S. this year.
- Ready for May concerts.
Communications – Mike Haynes
- Vendor Fair, McDonalds, DQ, Dinner Auction went out last month.
Technology – Tom Pullen
- Nothing broke
Ways and Means – Jamie Pullen Email
- Butter Braids were delivered on the 21st. We made $1530.
- Both entrances at Walmart are ours on May 4 and 5 for Button Days.
- Still waiting for final total from McDonald’s night. $373
- Reminder: Last day to purchase reusable grocery sacks for ABOB at Godfrey Schnuck’s is Saturday, March 31.
Trivia Night – Tonya Duke
- Still looking at locations. Leaning towards continuing at Atrium this year and possible venue change next year.
Dinner Auction – Ed Gray
- Dinner auction was awesome. March 16 next year, continue at LCCC Commons.
- Made $600 over last year.
Spring Vendor Fair – Jill Mitchell
- 100 Vendors, 118 booths.
- 12 paid booths for next year. 15 contracts.
- Survey sent out again yesterday. Positives – kids, negatives – kids at 6am for move in. Hours for fair. 8-9am slow.
- Looking at changing hours next year.
- More advertisement around town next year and more social media presence. Yard signs.
- Trip fundraiser update:
- Current fundraisers
- Pop Sockets
- Cardinal Games in the spring
- Cookbook – currently collecting recipes
- Tumblers and beef jerky wrap up tomorrow.
- Beef sticks starting April 4.
- Disney Themed trivia night April 6.
- June photography day.
- Current fundraisers
- County School facility tax vote on March 20.
- Party on Broadway has offered to do fundraiser. Wood cutout of Marching 100 logo. Painting night to paint logo. Waiting for additional information.
Next Meeting April 23, 2018, 7:00pm Alton High School, Orchestra room.
Meeting adjourned at 7:54pm.
Respectfully Submitted, Penny Boedeker