Alton Band and Orchestra Builders
Meeting Minutes January 28, 2019
MEMBERS IN ATTENDANCE:
Amy Hillery – President
Ruth Waggner – Vice President
Penny Boedeker – Secretary
Jamie Pullen – Ways and Means
Cindy Kirbach – Treasurer
Ed Gray – Financial
Dave and Paula Fritz – Craft Fair
Jill Mitchell – Spring Vendor Fair
Tonya Duke – Trivia Night
TEACHERS IN ATTENDANCE:
President Hillery called the meeting to order at 7:04 pm. Minutes from the October and November meetings were reviewed. Paula Fritz made the motion to accept minutes as written, Jill Mitchell seconded, and the motion carried.
The financial report was reviewed by treasurer, Cindy Kirbach. Paula Fritz made a motion to accept the report as presented, seconded by Tonya Duke, motion carried.
High School Orchestra –
- Pit Orchestra starts in a month for musical – Hairspray
High School Band – Alyssa Overmann
- Winter Guard is in full swing at both middle school and high school and going well.
- It’s Pep band season
- Fletcher Leonard is 2nd chair for All State Honors Band.
- Winter Guard is having a quarter auction fundraiser on February 9.
- Next event is Solo and Ensemble on March 2.
Communications – Mike Haynes
- Quarterless auction
Technology – Tom Pullen
- Nothing to report.
Ways and Means – Jamie Pullen
- McDonald’s, March 5, 2019, 4-8pm, Homer M. Adams location.
- Butter Braids start on March 5. Delivery set for April 10.
Trivia Night – Tonya Duke
- Nothing to report
Craft Fair – Paula and Dave Fritz
- Looking into expanding number of booths.
- Working on a list of vendors online for tracking.
- WBGZ interview tomorrow at 11:30am
- Still need volunteers but all seems to be under control.
- Bags for sale at doors.
Dinner Auction – Ed Gray
- Red Carpet Theme.
- Still looking for auction donations, deadline is March 1. Also, need wine for wine pull
- Next meeting February 11.
Spring Vendor Fair
- 112 booths to date.
- Need assistance with taping on Friday immediately after school.
- BBQ competition hosted by ABOB, Junior League and Boys & Girls club. Looking for venue and name for event.
- Halpin has offered 10% discount if school pays for solo and ensemble piano rentals by end of January. Request was made for ABOB to give short term loan that will be paid in full immediately following solo and ensemble on March 2. Alyssa Overmann gathering additional information and will be taking an email vote.
- Unanimous vote to grant short term loan for piano rentals to secure 10% discount.
Next Meeting February 25, 7:00pm, Orchestra Room AHS.
Meeting adjourned at 8:08 pm.