Alton Band and Orchestra Builders
Meeting Minutes February 26, 2018
MEMBERS IN ATTENDANCE:
Amy Hillery – President
Vickey Schilling – Vice President Penny Boedeker – Secretary Mike Haynes – Communications
Jamie Pullen – Ways and Means
Cindy Kirbach – Treasurer
Tom Pullen – ABOB.net
Tonya Duke – Trivia Night Paula Fritz – Hospitality
Guests: David Fritz
TEACHERS IN ATTENDANCE:
President Hillery called the meeting to order at 7:06 pm. Minutes from theJanuary meeting were reviewed. No additions or corrections requested. Mike Haynes made the motion to accept, Paula Fritz seconded, and the motion carried.
The financial report was reviewed by Cindy Kirbach, Treasurer.Paula Fritz made a motion to accept the report as presented, seconded by Mike Haynes, motion carried.
High School Band – Alyssa Overmann
- Thursday is Winter Band concert
- Contest will be held at high school on Saturday.
- Winter Guard
- O’Fallon next weekend
- Middle School has been competing at High School this year Although they have not placed in competition they are seeing scores going up each wee.
Middle School Orchestra – Email Sally Pierce
- Gearing up for Stringsations
- Solo and Ensemble on March 10. Schumann and Jazzio’s performing as well as several solos and duets from AMS and elementary schools.
- Cindy K helped Schumann out with ABOB’s donation to our music in the parks competitions and we are scheduled to perform on April 28.
- Coffee Concert is May. Need someone to attend with card swipe for credit card donations.
High School Orchestra – Laura Plummer
- Orchestra had a fun trip to Chicago 2 weeks ago. This was an exchange with Palatine School.
- Spring recital is tomorrow.
- Contest is Saturday.
- Musical rehearsal started today and pit rehearsals will start next week.
- Stringsation is March 28.
Hospitality – Paula Fritz
- Preparing for contest this weekend to serve pizza, hamburgers etc.
Communications – Mike Haynes
- Last month DQ event
- Creating FB even for dinner auction and vendor fair.
Technology – Tom Pullen
- Updated craft fair contract.
Ways and Means – Jamie Pullen
- Butter braid orders are due next Friday.
- $75.00 from DQ night
- March 6 is McDonalds night in Godfrey. No flyer will get % of all sales from 4-9 pm.
- Button Days tentative for May 5.
- The Schnucks bags for March in Godfrey proceeds will go to ABOB.
Dinner Auction – Ed Gray
- Need to do final push to advertise to increase attendance.
- Auction book going to print on March 9.
Spring Vendor Fair – Jill Mitchell
- Have 110 booths and 85 vendors.
- Working on final preparations.
Trip fundraiser update:
- Current fundraisers
- Pop Sockets
- Cardinal Games in the spring
- Cookbook – currently collecting recipes
- Tumblers and beef jerky starting early March
- Disney Themed trivia night April 6.
- June photography day.
- County school facility tax vote on March 20.
- One cent sales tax increase that will lower property taxes
- Effective March 12 Liberty Bank will start charging fees to interest bearing account. Cindy is moving money to another account to avoid excessive fees.
Next Meeting March 26, 2018, 7:00pm Alton High School, Orchestra room.
Meeting adjourned at 8:51 pm.
Respectfully Submitted, Penny Boedeker