MEMBERS IN ATTENDANCE:
Amy Hillery – President
Ruth Waggner – Vice President
Penny Boedeker – Secretary
Jamie Pullen – Ways and Means
Tom Pullen – ABOB.net
Cindy Kirbach – Treasurer
Mike Haynes – Communications
Ed Gray – Financial
Dave and Paula Fritz – Craft Fair
Jill Mitchell – Spring Vendor Fair
Tonya Duke – Trivia Night
Laura Shansey, Roger Waggner, Dawn Humphrey
TEACHERS IN ATTENDANCE:
President Hillery called the meeting to order at 7:01 pm. Minutes from the March meeting were reviewed. Paula Fritz made the motion to accept minutes as written, Tom Pullen seconded, and the motion carried.
The financial report was reviewed by treasurer, Cindy Kirbach. Tom Pullen made a motion to accept the report as presented, seconded by Mike Haynes, motion carried.
High School Orchestra – Laura Plummer (e-mail)
- Musical performances Thursday-Sunday contact Alyssa Overmann for reserved tickets.
- May 14
Middle School Band & Orchestra – Email
- Middle School band concert tomorrow and orchestra following night.
- Coffee concert is May 10.
High School Band – Alyssa Overmann
- April 12 Organizational in O’Fallon. Kids played well.
- Next week May 9 band concert. Erin Hillery is soloist this year.
- 100 is on its way for this year. Percussion try outs almost finished. Guard was last week and have 21 on guard for this year. Next week leader interviews. Calendar has changed due to Homecoming date change. Show this year is “Once Upon a Dream”.
- Need help with Band and Orchestra concerts.
Communications – Mike Haynes
- Coffee Concert communication for May.
- Working on Q for a Cause
Technology – Tom Pullen
- Created website for Q for a Cause. Qforacauseriverbend.com
Ways and Means – Jamie Pullen
- Tom Evans fall fundraiser – 3 different catalogs – 40-50% profit.
- Discuss replacement for Butter Braids – pizzas, another event (Alton Little Theater pre event), Harlem Wizards event.
Trivia Night – Tonya Duke
- September 20, 2019
Craft Fair – Paula and Dave Fritz
- December 7 & 8
Dinner Auction – Ed Gray
- Nothing to report
Spring Vendor Fair
- Net profit of $4436
- Set up committees for next year now that the event is larger.
- 23 vendors for next year.
- Food options for next year.
Q for a Cause
- Website, facebook up.
- June 15 at Lovejoy
- $50 to enter contest. Chicken, pork or grillers choice categories. Grillers will provide samples.
- $10 fee to enter and get 6 samples and vote for people’s choice.
- Other food choices to purchase.
Board nominations. Vote in May
- Dawn Humphrey – nomination for Vice President
- Ruth Waggner – nomination for President
- Roger Waggner – Technology/Abob.net
- Tonya Duke – Communications
- Still looking for Ways & Means, Hospitality
- Thank you letter from Erin Hillery, one of two scholarship winners. Other winner, Brad Taulbee.
- Been discussing ABOB connecting with community outside of ABOB and music parents. Firefighters looking for donations to purchase bullet proof vests. Paula Fritz made a motion to donate $2000 to purchase bullet proof vests. Tonya Duke seconded the motion to make donation. Ed Gray suggested amendment to amount to $1000. Paula Fritz amended her motion to $1000 donation with contingency to collect additional funds at May 9 & 14 band/orchestra events. President Hillery asked for vote and passed unanimously.
Next Meeting May 20, 7:00pm, Orchestra Room AHS.
Meeting adjourned at 8:26 pm.