MEMBERS IN ATTENDANCE:
Ruth Waggener – President
Tonya Duke – Communications & Trivia Night
Ed Gray – Financial
Paula & David Fritz – Craft Fair
Jill Mitchell – Vendor Fair
Cindy Kirbach – Treasurer
Penny Boedeker – Secretary
TEACHERS IN ATTENDANCE:
Laura Plummer, Alyssa Overmann, Luke Schafer
President Waggener called the meeting to order at 7:07 pm. November meeting minutes were tabled and will be reviewed in February. September meeting minutes were reviewed, Paula Fritz made the motion to accept minutes as written, Laura Plummer seconded, and the motion carried.
The financial report was reviewed by Cindy Kirbach, Treasurer. Paula Fritz made a motion to accept report as presented, seconded by Jill Mitchell, motion carried.
High School Orchestra – Laura Plummer
- Ben Duke, Viola and Ethan Plate, Base are going to All State, plus 4 choir students.
- Music Camp ABOB scholarship auditions are February 24, 2020.
- Laura Plummer is American String Teachers Association 2019-20 Outstanding School Teacher and will be honored at the Illinois Music Education Association’s Annual Conference.
Middle School Orchestra – Sally Pierce, E-Mail
- Schumann will be performing at the SSP Valentine’s Day luncheon.
- March 14 is Solo and Ensemble contest.
High School Band – Alyssa Overmann
- Fletcher Leonard will be going to All State.
- Winter Guard has 16 High School and 20 Middle School students this year. Saturday they went to Francis Howell to preview the show and get feedback. They will compete next Saturday for the first time.
- Band Concert on February 27.
- Alyssa Overmann was named Illinois Music Educators Association President for District 6.
- Still in need of volunteer for next year.
Communications – Tonya Duke
- Tonya needs to step down and in need of a volunteer
Technology – Roger Waggener
- Have been given feedback that it is hard to find information on website, so question is what do we want people to find fast as we rework website?
Ways and Means –
- Dine out at Red Lobster – February 18, 5:30-8, 10% of sales with flyer.
Trivia Night – Tonya Duke
- Nothing to report
Craft Fair – Paula Fritz
- Will need to purchase some new signs this year due to weather destroying some.
- Looking for new crafters for next year.
- Discussed having an online list of paid vendors.
Dinner Auction – Ed Gray
- Theme is Once Upon A Time
- Smaller Venue this year at Gallery instead of Commons.
- Admission is $30/person
- Looking for donations for silent and live auction.
Spring Vendor Fair – Jill Mitchell
- All 96 booths are full
- Will have Pig on a Wing food truck this year. Discussed best place to set up.
- Need 8 volunteers for doors.
- Need parking volunteers.
- Discussed price for booths next year and looking into slight increase.
- Need student volunteers both high school and middle school.
- Ornaments being delivered this week.
Next Meeting – February 24, 2010 at 7pm
Meeting adjourned at 8:04 pm.