Alton Band and Orchestra Builders
April 24, 2017
MEMBERS IN ATTENDANCE:
Amy Hillery – President
Mike Haynes – Communications
Vicky Schilling – Vice President
Penny Boedeker – Secretary
Cindy Kirbach – Treasurer
Cortney Frosch – Ways and Means
Ed Gray – Financial
Tom Pullen – ABOB.net
TEACHERS IN ATTENDANCE:
High School Orchestra – Alyssa Overmann
- Musical Les Miserables this weekend
- May 11 final Orchestra concert of year.
High School Band – Alyssa Overmann
- Nashville trip was fantastic – Recorded at Studio B, Vanderbilt clinic was great
- Winter Guard is done for the season
- Marching 100 kickoff meeting – Show is Echoes off the River
Middle School Band – E
May 2 Spring concert
Six flags in the park – Schumann
May 17 Elementary tour
Jill Mitchell, Dave Fritz, Tonya Duke
President Hillery called the meeting to order at 7:06 pm. Minutes of the March meeting were reviewed. Finding no additions or corrections Tom Pullen made the motion to accept, and Mike Haynes seconded, motion carried. Treasurer, Cindy Kirbach, presented the treasurers report. Tom Pullen made motion to accept the report as written, Paula Fritz seconded, motion carried.
High School Orchestra – Laura Plummer
Alyssa Overmann – High School Band
Middle School Orchestra – Email reported by Amy Hillery
Hospitality: Paula Fritz
- Cake and Punch for Arion concert
Communications: Mike Haynes
- Flyers for Fazoli
Technology: Tom Pullen
- Watching security closely, all threats have been blocked
- Set up link for band fees
Uniform Fundraising: Tom PUllen
- Buttons shipped today – 1500 buttons
- Band door has sign up for students
- Sign up for parents online
- Washington Ave Hit and Run, Joe K’s, Wal Mart, Mister Donut, Eppels, Shop N Save and Halpins
- Fazoli’s $189.89
Ways & Means: Cortney Frosch
- May 22 Elijah P’s dine out – Third Coast Jazz Band 5:30-8:30
Dinner Auction – Ed Gray
- Looked into cost for using LCCC – $750 for gallery. Have to use their caterer. Still looking into additional costs for security, what is included in food costs Tom Pullen made motion to move venue to LCCC, seconded by Paula Fritz, all in favor, motion carried.
Vendor Fair – Jill Mitchell
- Projected profit of $1500, actual profit $2400.
- Next year’s date is March 24.
- Friday, September 15 at Best Western
- $120 per table
- Tonya Duke has offered to help Laura as Co-Chair
- Posted information for choir fundraiser on Abob.net and Facebook
- ABOB Board nominations are open. Next month is elections.
- Move to nominate existing officers to retain their positions. All in favor. Next month will vote.
- Setting up a scholarship in Tom Pullen’s parents name. Year of lessons, for Sophomore or Junior band student that lessons could potentially enable them to secure a college scholarship. Official announcement at May band concert.
Next Meeting Scheduled for May 22, 2017 at Elijah P’s.
Meeting adjourned at 8:16 pm.
Respectfully Submitted, Penny Boedeker