Alton Band and Orchestra Builders
Meeting Minutes September 25, 2017
MEMBERS IN ATTENDANCE:
Vicky Schilling – Vice President
Penny Boedeker – Secretary
Jamie Pullen – Ways and Means
Ed Gray – Financial Tom Pullen – ABOB.net
Rose Lammers – Craft Fair
Jill Mitchell – Vendor Fair
Paula Fritz – Hospitality
TEACHERS IN ATTENDANCE:
Tonya Duke, Dave Fritz
Vice President Schilling called the meeting to order at 7:01 pm. Minutes from the August meeting were reviewed. No additions or corrections requested. Paula Fritz made the motion to accept, Laura Plummer seconded, and the motion carried.
The financial report was reviewed. Laura Plummer made a motion to accept the report as presented, seconded by Tom Pullen, motion carried.
High School Band – Email Report (Alyssa Overmann)
- Edwardsville Tiger Ambush was last Saturday and the M100 had the best ‘first contest run” since Mrs Overmann has been here. They did not place, but we are making some changes before the rest of the contest season starts.
- This weekend is the Marching 100 family day, which will be a rehearsal, lunch and then some kickball, frisbee, etc with the kids. There has been some confusion with the name – it’s not necessarily for whole families, but for the Marching 100 “family”.
- The first weekend in October is a competition in Springfield, MO. We were not able to find a gum to stay in, so it will be a long day/late night, but kids will ride on charter buses. The district is paying what they would have paid for school buses and ABOB is picking up the remaining $1500.
- The last football game and senior night is October 6. Be sure to check out the Marching 100 signs for the seniors right at the front gates.
High School Orchestra – Laura Plummer
- Chamber Strings is up and going
- Going to be a good year
Middle School Orchestra – Email Report (Sally Pierce)
- All rehearsals have started: Schumann, Jazzio’s and 5th Grade Honors starts this week.
- 12 students are signed up to audition for ILMEA festival on Columbus Day, which is a decent number for middle school.
- We had one of the top sellers for the fundraiser (go orchestra!).
Hospitality – Paula Fritz
- Nothing to report
- Communications going out as needed.
Technology – Tom Pullen
- Business as usual
Ways and Means – Jamie Pullen
- Olga’s night raised more than $400
- Papa John’s weekend currently at $120 but still clearing up totals.
- Future dine outs – Panera in October, Luciana’s and Riveriera Mya for November
- Sausage and cheese delivery is tomorrow
- Butter braids start this week
- Fall Button days total was $2616
Trivia Night – Tonya Duke
- Looking at KC Hall next year for possible location as room was very crowded this year.
Craft Fair – Rose Lammers
- 176 booths so far and have room for 40-50 more.
- New signs have been ordered
- Revamped menu and waiting for pricing.
- Bonnie Finger will be taking care of recycling this year.
Dinner Auction – Ed Gray
- Nothing to report
Spring Vendor Fair – Jill Mitchell
- Link has been added to ABOB.net with contract and fees. Cost will remain the same as last year.
- Amendment to money handling. Payments should not be mailed to home addresses or deposited into personal accounts.
- Request for $50 was made from Laura Plummer to pay judges for Dunlop and ABOB scholarship auditions. Tom Pullen made motion to pay judges and Paula Fritz seconded, motion carried.
Next Meeting October 23, 2017, 7pm.
Meeting adjourned at 7:57 pm.
Respectfully Submitted, Penny Boedeker