Alton Band and Orchestra Builders
Meeting Minutes December 18, 2017
MEMBERS IN ATTENDANCE:
Amy Hillery – President
Vickey Schilling – Vice President Penny Boedeker – Secretary Mike Haynes – Communications
Jamie Pullen – Ways and Means
Cindy Kirbach – Treasurer
Tom Pullen – ABOB.net
Rose Lammers – Craft Fair
TEACHERS IN ATTENDANCE:
President Hillery called the meeting to order at 7:02 pm. Minutes from the December meeting were reviewed. No additions or corrections requested. Tom Pullen made the motion to accept, Mike Haynes seconded, and the motion carried.
The financial report was reviewed by Cindy Kirbach, Treasurer. Mike Haynes made a motion to accept the report as presented, seconded by Tom Mullen, motion carried.
High School Band – Alyssa Overmann
- Four students attended bi-state at SIUE
- We are gearing up for contest.
- Saturday is first competition for Winter Guard
High School Orchestra – Laura Plummer
- All State is Wednesday and there will be 8 choir and 2 orchestra students.
Communications – Mike Haynes
- Olga’s email last month
- working on dinner auction
Technology – Tom Pullen
- Nothing to report
Ways and Means – Jamie Pullen
- We have 2 upcoming dine out nights – February 13 at Dairy Queen and March 6 at Godfrey McDonalds
- Ed Gray has spoke to Jimmy Johnson regarding Dine out at Johnson’s Corner in April or May.
- Need to chose a date for Spring Button Days
- Butter Braid fundraiser is set for February.
Craft Fair – Rose Lammers
- Already have 140 booths for this year.
- Should have final income next month.
Dinner Auction – Ed Gray
- Solicitation letters are out.
- Invites going out on February 9.
- Event will be held March 17 at LCCC Commons this year.
Spring Vendor Fair – Jill Mitchell
- Have 40 vendors and 58 booths confirmed
- Will need volunteers to help with:
- Selling raffle tickets
- check in
- Someone to oversee student workers
Trip fundraiser update:
- Brooms starting in January
- Ongoing pop sockets
- Cardinal Games in the spring
- Spaghetti dinner – having difficulty finding available date for commons
- TJ Pizza
- Disney Themed trivia night – Board requested that this be advertised as trip fundraiser and not ABOB event due to confusion over ABOB annual trivia night.
Next Meeting February 26, 2018, 7:00pm Alton High School, Orchestra room.
Meeting adjourned at 7:55 pm.
Respectfully Submitted, Penny Boedeker