Alton Band and Orchestra Builders
March 27, 2017
MEMBERS IN ATTENDANCE:
Amy Hillery – President
Mike Haynes – Communications
Vicky Schilling – Vice President
Penny Boedeker – Secretary
Cindy Kirbach – Treasurer
Cortney Frosch – Ways and Means
Ed Gray – Financial
Rose Lammers – Craft Fair
Tom Pullen – ABOB.net
TEACHERS IN ATTENDANCE:
Lexie Edwards – Student Teacher
Mary and Terri Pearson, Jill Mitchell, Jamie Pullen
President Hillary called the meeting to order at 7:13 pm. Minutes of the February meeting were reviewed. Finding no additions or corrections Tom Pullen made the motion to accept, and Rose Lammers seconded, motion carried. Minutes of the December meeting were reviewed. Finding no additions or corrections Tom Pullen made motion to accept, and Laura Plummer seconded, motion carried. Treasurer, Cindy Kirbach, presented the treasurers report. Tom Pullen made motion to accept the report as written, Mike Haynes seconded, motion carried.
High School Orchestra – Laura Plummer
- Great turn out for stringsations. 300 kids total and 180 from elementary.
- Symphonic Orchestra performed as West.
- Musical rehearsals are going now.
- Had Solo and ensemble the first Saturday in March and all did well.
Alyssa Overmann – High School Band
- Hosted 18 schools for Solo & ensemble. Had great feedback on the even. Kids did really well.
- Band leaves for Nashville trip Friday morning
- April 6 – Jazz on a Spring Evening
- April 12 – 7pm Marching 100 kickoff meeting
Middle School Orchestra – Email reported by Amy Hillery
- Organization contest on Saturday
- Gearing up for Six Flags Competition
- Would like donation of paper products again for Coffee Concert
- Concessions for contest went well
Communications: Mike Haynes
- Vendor Fair communication went out
- Will send email about upcoming Les Miserables musical.
- Telegraph will be doing a piece in upcoming Accent section about Alton Music Program
Technology: Tom Pullen
- Watching security closely as there have been overwhelming amount of hits to site.
- Working on button design for next button days.
Ways & Means: Cortney Frosch
- Finishing Butter Braids this evening. So far 23 kids sold $3076 for about a $1200 profit
- Dine Out Nights – Facolis – April 12, must have flier, dine in, carry out and drive through, 20% all day.
- May 8 or 22 – Elijah P’s
Dinner Auction – Ed Gray
- Ticket sales were down this year
- Proposal for Dinner Auction committee to get together to discuss how we can change things up to boost attendance for next year.
Vendor Fair – Jill Mitchell
- Next year changing hours to 8-1
- Adding raffle for next year. Optional for vendors to donate.
- Doubled the participation from last year to this year.
- Attendance for pancake breakfast was down from last year. Served 189
Craft Fair – Rose Lammers
- Made several contacts at Vendor Fair
- Still regularly receiving contracts
- ABOB Scholarship. Rose Lammers made motion to award 3 seniors a $500 scholarship this year, seconded by Vicky Schilling, motion carried.
- Choir needs help with selling Cardinals Tickets for fundraiser. Tickets are $35 includes, hot dog and soda on May 20. Will assist by posting on ABOB.net and ABOB facebook page.
Next Meeting Scheduled for April 24, 2017.
Meeting adjourned at 8:23 pm.
Respectfully Submitted, Penny Boedeker