Alton Band and Orchestra Builders
February 27, 2017
MEMBERS IN ATTENDANCE:
Amy Hillery – President
Vicky Schilling – Vice President
Penny Boedeker – Secretary
Cindy Kirbach – Treasurer
Paula Fritz – Hospitality
Mike Haynes – Communications
Cortney Frosch – Ways and Means
Ed Gray – Financial
Rose Lammers – Craft Fair
Tom Pullen – ABOB.net
TEACHERS IN ATTENDANCE:
Jamie Pullen, Dave Fritz, Jill Mitchell, Joy Sawyer, May and Terri Pearson, Brian Belk, Ruth Waggener, Larry Qualls
President Hillery called the meeting to order at 7:09 pm. Minutes of the January meeting were reviewed. Finding no additions or corrections Tom Pullen made the motion to accept, and Mike Haynes seconded, motion carried. Treasurer, Cindy Kirbach, presented the treasurers report. Tom Pullen made motion to accept the report as written, Mike Haynes seconded, motion carried.
Addition to the Agenda: Sam Tillman
Proposed Private Lesson Scholarship in honor of Ed and Cathy Gray, established by Class of 2017. Based on financial need, dedication to program. Possible addition of Mr. Banks and Mr. Jarden as honors. Sam will discuss with class and come back with further information.
Alyssa Overmann – High School Band
- Pep band is complete this year.
- Last Thursday bad concert was incredible.
- Solo and Ensemble this coming Saturday.
- Band trip to Nashville is the end of March.
- Winter Guard going right now. Middle school is doing really well.
Laura Plummer – High School Orchestra
- U of I last Saturday. Everyone played great.
- Symphonic has upcoming Spring Concert.
- Composers and Schools in Concert. Dr Connor wrote a piece and 5 schools are playing it at SIUE tomorrow tonight.
- Pit for Les Miserables going right now.
Middle School Orchestra- Sally Pierce
- Mark Connor came last Friday and did clinic with Jazzios.
- Solo and Ensemble March 11.
- March 23 Stringsation.
- March 25 Organization.
Middle School Band – Alyssa Overmann
- 35 students say they are going to do M100 next year.
Hospitality: Paula Fritz
- Preparing for concessions at solo and ensemble. Hamburger, cheeseburgers, hot dogs and pizza.
Communications: Mike Haynes
- Papa Johns restaurant night
- Meeting agenda
- Dinner auction reminder to RSVP by Wednesday.
Technology: Tom Pullen
- Due to traffic to website had to bump the site up to the next level of server.
Uniform Fundraiser – Jamie Pullen
- WalMart and Shop & Save booked for May 5 & 6 Button Days. Other locations are Mr. Donut, Joe K’s, Bread Co. Going to look into Hit n run.
- Start sign ups for volunteers right after Easter Break.
Ways & Means: Cortney Frosch
- Butter Braids starts March 13. Going to add order form to Abob.net.
- Amazon – December $270, January $150, February $77. $1400 last year total.
- We receive around $20 per month from Paypal Giving.
- Dining Out – $360 from McDonalds. Papa Johns just ended
- March 22 – Look into Fazoli’s, Riviera Maya.
- Motion made to purchase Paypal chip reader at cost of $80 by Mike Haynes, seconded by Laura Plummer. All in favor, motion carried.
Dinner Auction – Ed Gray
- Need to get reservations in for event taking place in less than 2 weeks.
- Set up auto dialer for event
- Look into doing flyers at elementary schools for next year
Trivia Night – Laura Plummer
- Nothing to report
Craft Fair – Rose Lammers
- Nothing to report
Vendor Fair – Jill Mitchell
- 44 Vendors confirmed with another possible dozen coming.
- Will need student volunteers.
- Chris Cakes will be there.
- No pre sale tickets. Everyone will Pay at door and let us know who to credit.
- December meeting minutes need to be posted.
Ed Gray – April County School Facilities tax
- Presented the County School Facilities tax that will got to vote on April 4. Asked for ABOB to support the tax.
- Tom Pullen made motion that ABOB support the County School Facilities Tax, Rose Lammers seconded, all in favor, motion carried.
- Tom Pullen made motion that ABOB make $1000 donation to the campaign for the tax with the stipulation that the donation will not jeopardize our 501(c)3. Rose Lammers seconded, all in favor, motion carried.
Next Meeting Scheduled for March 27, 2017.
Meeting adjourned at 8:29 pm.
Respectfully Submitted, Penny Boedeker