MEMBERS IN ATTENDANCE:
Ruth Waggener – President
Dawn Humphrey – Vice President
Tonya Duke – Communications & Trivia Night
Ed Gray – Financial
Paula Fritz – Craft Fair
Jill Mitchell – Vendor Fair
Roger Waggener – Technology
TEACHERS IN ATTENDANCE:
Laura Plummer, Alyssa Overmann
President Waggener called the meeting to order at 7:pm. Minutes from the August meeting were reviewed. Ed Gray made the motion to accept minutes as written, Jill Mitchell seconded, and the motion carried.
The financial report was tabled for September. Roger Waggener made a motion to review report at October meeting, seconded by Laura Plummer, motion carried.
High School Orchestra – Laura Plummer
- October 12 – Chamber doing wedding of Erin Griffin and Christian Forester
- Full Orchestra has started
- We are short one cello at high school
- Need FB post about donating old instruments
Middle School Band & Orchestra –
- Ordering red polos
- Dawn Humphrey is going to work on getting alumni shirts back for next year.
- Need an FB post about donating old instruments
High School Band – Alyssa Overmann
- Two football games
- Mount Zion 1st place – crowd favorite and Percussion
- Upcoming competitions – Collinsville and Washington
- Button Days – October 19
- Still looking for someone to fill position.
- Nothing to report
Communications – Tonya Duke
- Only FB posts
Technology – Roger Waggener
- Adding FB button to page
- Open FB pages – Guard, Marching 100 parents, ABOB
- Updating email addresses for ABOBboard@abob.net group email.
- Updated contract for vendor fair
Ways and Means – Laura Plummer
- Cheese and sausage top sellers – Ashley, 124, Lucas 29
- Dine outs – Olgas, October 9, 11-9, must have flier – Luciana’s, November 9, 7-2:30, will include order ahead as long as paid for that day.
- Laura Gibbs will be new Ways and Means chair.
- Butter braids kickoff – October 7
Trivia Night – Tonya Duke
- Decade theme this year.
Craft Fair – Paula Fritz
- Tonya Duke volunteered to head up doors this year.
Dinner Auction – Ed Gray
- Nothing to report
Spring Vendor Fair – Jill Mitchell
- Planning on charging $1.00 entry fee for anyone 12 and over this year.
- Need volunteers to chair entry, parking and food – may have Pig on a Wing.
- New drums have arrived.
- Bandquet – November 8
- Discussing ornament for this year
Next Meeting October 28, 7:00pm, Orchestra Room AHS.
Meeting adjourned at 8:03 pm.