ABOB Executive Board Meeting Minutes
Monday, November 23, 2020 via Zoom
MEMBERS IN ATTENDANCE
Ruth Waggener – President
Dawn Humphrey – Vice President
Cindy Kirbach – Treasurer
Tonya Duke – Communications & Trivia Night
Roger Waggener – ABOB.net
Ed Gray – Financial Secretary
David Fritz – Craft Fair
Jill Mitchell – Vendor Fair
TEACHERS IN ATTENDANCE
Laura Plummer, Blake Korte, Luke Griffin, and Lindsey Wofford.
President Waggener called the meeting to order at 7:06 pm. Minutes from past meetings are being typed up and will be uploaded on abob.net soon.
The financial report was reviewed by Cindy Kirbach, Treasurer. Fall Breakfast Pastry sale did better than expected. Ed Gray has $200 donation for Donna Barth Memorial. Laura Plummer made a motion to accept report as presented, seconded by Ed Gray. Motion carried.
High School Orchestra – Laura Plummer
AHS Orchestra’s got their concerts in last week. Special thanks to Brian Bergin for Facebook live feed. Concert Orchestra was Tuesday, November 17 and Symphonic
ILMEA Senior Virtual Masterclass Festival was this past weekend. Congrats to Ben Duke principal viola.
ILMEA All-State has been moved to
Elementary orchestra is starting up
High School Band – Blake Korte
Hoping to start up after school band rehearsals if we are to return to hybrid learning. Would like to have a couple evening rehearsals and record Sleigh Ride to keep the tradition alive.
M100 merchandise store is live online with Schwartkopf’s through December 9.
Frank Paputsas with A-Above the Rest came down and bought a lot of our old equipment.
Band shed is coming along. Just about ready for shelving.
ILMEA – 5 AHS band students selected. Fletcher Leonard had the highest percussion score in our district.
Luke Griffin: AHS Symphonic Band
Reading new tunes and getting adjusted to another new routine.
Elementary band is going well. Have invited 31 interested band kids at North.
Middle School Band
- Nothing to report
Middle School Orchestra
- Erick Humphrey, AMS 6th grader, was first chair for our ILMEA Junior Orchestra.
- Sally and Lindsey are using Cyborg Llama to create a virtual AMS orchestra recording.
- They are adjusting back to the remote schedule.
- Nothing to report.
Ways and Means – Laura Plummer reporting for Laura Gibbs
- ABOB made $122.00 from our Dine Out at LuciAnna’s on November 14. Down a little from last year.
- Fall Breakfast Pastry sale went really well and pick up was very easy.
- Planning on doing the Tom Evans Mr. Fundraiser sale in February.
Communications – Tonya Duke
- Nothing to report.
Technology – Roger Waggener
- Will be looking at the plugins and other unused “inner workings” of abob.net to clean some things up.
- Note that the Shop Amazon link on abob.net does not automatically create the refund for ABOB. Shoppers must now sign into Amazon via smile.amazon.com in order for ABOB to receive proceeds from purchases made on Amazon.com.
Trivia Night – Tonya Duke
- Nothing to report.
Craft Fair – Dave Fritz
- Out of 122 crafters who had signed up for 2020 have responses from all but 6 on whether or not they want a refund or roll their deposit over for 2021 show and will keep their same booth spots.
- Considering increasing Craft Fair fee $85-$90. They are going to look at what other shows charge (O’Fallon and Edwardsville.) Currently there are no contracts out there for 2020 or 2021. Crafters who rolled over this year’s deposit to 2021 will not see the increase.
- 2021 Contract will go out in February.
Dinner Auction – Ed Gray
- Due to so many uncertainties with businesses and individuals it was decided to cancel the March 14, 2021 Dinner Auction.
- Laura Plummer will contact Paige Lemasson to cancel our reservation for March 14, 2021 and carry our refund over for March 19, 2022.
Spring Vendor Fair – Jill Mitchell
- Will decide in January whether to go forward with the Spring Vendor Fair or cancel and refund vendors deposits that they had ABOB carry over from cancelled March, 2020 Spring Vendor Fair.
Laura Plummer will reach out to Stacy Harman about any online silent auction possibilities.
Laura Plummer has reached out to our crafters to get their websites that will be posted on abob.net, shared in an email blast, and through our local media outlets to drum up business for them.
Next Meeting – January, 25, 2021 at 7:00 p.m.
Meeting adjourned at 7:42 p.m.