Amy Hillery – President
Ruth Waggener – Vice President
Jamie Pullen – Ways and Means
Cindy Kirbach – Treasurer
Ed Gray – Financial
Dave and Paula Fritz – Craft Fair
Jill Mitchell – Spring Vendor Fair
Tonya Duke – Trivia Night
Mike Haynes – Communications
Andrea Bagwill – Hospitality
TEACHERS IN ATTENDANCE:
Alyssa Overmann and Laura Plummer
President Hillery called the meeting to order at 7:05 pm. Minutes from the January meeting were reviewed. Mike Haynes made the motion to accept minutes as written, Jill Mitchell seconded, and the motion carried.
The financial report was reviewed by treasurer, Cindy Kirbach. It was noted that ABOB had sent $1000 to the AMS Orchestra teachers for the Six Flags Music in the Park trip. Mike Haynes made a motion to accept the report as presented, seconded by Laura Plummer, motion carried.
Karen and Jeff (“The Mattress People”) from Custom Fundraising Solutions of St. Louis
A one-day mattress and bedding sales event that would take place at AHS.
Under consideration as a future trip fundraiser.
High School Orchestra
- Auditions for Hairspray this week, and Pit rehearsals start in March.
- 2/26 Recital at Calvary Baptist Church
- 3/2 IHSA Solo and Ensemble Contest at AHS
- 3/21 Combined concert with AHS Choirs featuring Mozart’s Mass in C Minor
- 3/28 Stringsation!
- 5/14 New date of Spring Orchestra Concert (moved from 5/13)
High School Band
- Pep Band finished Friday.
- Winterguard competed at Francis Howell on 2/16. AHS placed 2nd, AMS received Excellent rating. Also performed at Edwardsville. AHS placed 5th.
- 3/7 Band Concert – Solo and Ensemble groups will perform.
- 5/9 Spring Band Concert
Middle School Orchestra
- 6th-8th grade gearing up for Stringsation and Organizational Contest (April 6)
- 3/9 Solo and Ensemble Contest at Coolidge MS in Granite City
- Schumann will participate again this spring at Six Flags Music in the Parks. Mrs. Pierce thanked ABOB for paying for this trip.
- Working on getting 6th grade enrollment forms back from 5th graders.
Middle School Band
- 4/4 Jazz on a Spring Evening – AMS and AHS jazz bands perform in AMS cafeteria
- 4/30 Spring Band Concert
Hospitality – No report
Communications – Info forthcoming on McDonald’s Dine-out March 5th
Technology – No report
Ways and Means
- March 5th – McDonald’s Dine Out, 4-8pm, Homer Adams location only. No flyer needed.
- March 5th – Butter Braid Sale kicks off. Runs through the 19th. Delivery on April 10.
- Think about getting Marching 100 on the calendar at Walmart for Fall Button Days.
- September 2019 – Date TBA
- Decades Theme (50’s, 60’s, 70’s, etc.) for Trivia categories and questions
- Great success!! Earnings totalled $27,258.39.
- December 6th and 7th this year. Looking to expand booths throughout the first floor lobby.
- It’s almost here! Invite people to boost ticket sales.
- Friday March 15th – LCCC Commons will be open at 8:30 am for set-up and decoration.
- Meeting at Grays’ house this Sunday at 1:30 to put auction items together into baskets.
Spring Vendor Fair
- Jill has 105 contracts – 140 booths filled
- Help is needed Friday the 29th after school to tape off booth spaces and for tear-down after the fair closes on the 30th.
- Student helpers can sell brooms and shopping bags.
Q For a Cause
- BBQ fundraising event with Junior League and Alton Boys’ and Girls’ Club. Will take place at the Lovejoy Event Center on June 15th.
- Goal is to have approval for this event and details hammered out by March 15th.
No further business, old or new, to discuss.
Meeting was adjourned at 8:02.
Next meeting scheduled for March 25, 2019.