Monday, February 28, 2022
AHS Orchestra Room
MEMBERS IN ATTENDANCE
Ruth Waggener – President
Jeanna Hasty – Vice President
Dawn Humphrey – Treasurer
Ed Gray – Financial Secretary
Laura Gibbs – Ways and Means
Roger Waggener – Technology
Jill Mitchell – Spring Vendor Fair
TEACHERS IN ATTENDANCE
President Waggener called the meeting to order at 6:05pm. Minutes from the January meeting are posted on abob.net.
Dawn Humphrey presented the February Treasurer’s report. Clarification was made for the June 1st balance vs. the January 31st statement balance difference (-$2,031.16); this difference is the 2022 booth fees that get put in money market and then get moved over to operating expenses checking, once we get to the new fiscal year. The difference in the trip account (+$1,120) was from broom sales and Craft Fair. Craft Fair is not yet finalized, but Dawn and Dave Frtiz are reviewing to confirm they have the same numbers for booth fees. Aramark invoice was paid, which was the last Craft Fair expense. We are pending refund on the U of I clinic; Vandalia Bus refund was received. Jeanna Hasty reported that she submitted applications for two grants $500 & $1,000, respectfully through her company, and ABOB was awarded both. Ruth Waggener saw another obituary memorial donation for ABOB/Alton Symphony. Norah Hardin’s carry forward ABOB Music Camp will be $800, versus the original believed $700 due to ISYM increased cost. Laura Plummer moved, and Jeanna Hasty seconded, to approve the February Treasurer’s Report. Motion passed.
High School Orchestra – Laura Plummer
- We have Solo & Ensemble Contest this weekend! 18 total high schools attending, including Alton High; around 700 students. There will be 24 contest rooms, compared to 28 contest rooms 2 years ago 2.
- Symphonic Spring Recital is Tuesday, Mar. 1st, at 7p, at Calvary Baptist.
- Pit Orchestra, for Adams Family, starts March 8t.
High School Band – Blake Korte & Luke Griffin
- Next concert is Mar. 10th, at 7p, in the auditorium; Concert Band, Symphonic Band, and Wind Ensemble will perform.
- Percussion/Jazz Combo Concert is Mar. 22nd, at 7p, in either the main gym or new auxiliary gym.
- 2022 M100 Drum Majors were selected: Meredith Rulo, Brody Macias, and Johnathon Ridgley
- M100 Instrument Section Leader Auditions will be set soon.
- M100 Colorguard Section Leader Auditions will be Mar. 15th.
- The Directors have been bringing in several guests to work/clinician with students the past two weeks.
- Indoor Drumline had their first competition on Saturday, Feb. 26th and saw tremendous growth from their preliminary performance, to their finals performance, in the Concert Class. There are hopes to do a parent performance, and possible lunchtime school performance, to provide more performance opportunities for our students.
- Luke Griffin announced he will be moving to Arizona this summer, so there is current movement in looking for an Assistant Band Director replacement.
Middle School Orchestra – Lindsey Wolford
- There are discussions starting on elementary spring concerts.
- IGSMA Solo and Ensemble Contest is virtual again this year.
- AMS will not be participating in Organizational Contest.
- Coffee Concert is set for Friday, May 13th, in the AHS Commons.
- Stringsation is on for AMS and AHS orchestras Thursday, March 24, 7p in the AHS Gym.
- Music in the Parks is dependent on busing availability, but it does not look promising.
- No report.
Ways and Means – Laura Gibbs
- Olgas possible fundraising night on Mar. 11th. We have not received response yet, so we will be following up, and potentially need to push to April.
- Firehouse Subs Dining Out in April or May; this will be a 20% profit. This was approved.
- Chicken Salad Chick is a possibility for future fundraising. We will not be utilizing currently.
- Perfect Pastries will run 3/8-3/22. Pick up will be April 6th. We will be using online and brochures.
- Tom Evans is closing, but we will look at switching to Bobos Fundraising and adding Joe’s Pizza fundraiser.
- Ruth and Laura continue to handle communications via social media and email blasts.
Technology – Roger Waggener
- 2022 Craft Fair page has been updated and the contract has been uploaded.
- Laura Plummer requested ABOB’s PO Box and phone number be added back onto ABOB.net.
- No report.
Virtual Auction: Jeanna Hasty
- Moving along, but seems to be slower than last year.
- Donated items are requested to be in by March 14th/15th, to allow time for prep.
- Jeanna requested a student mailer go out, to let parents know about event.
- Ed sent out roughly 40 letters for sponsorships and roughly 50 letters for item donations. He will be following up via phone tomorrow. He estimates we have received about $1,000 in sponsorships, but hopes to get it up to $3,000. He is using March 10th, as his deadline.
Spring Vendor Fair: Jill Mitchell
- We have 61 vendors and 93 total booths.
- We will be using the commons and the main hall (front doors through commons).
- Booth assignments are made & should be going out this week.
- Set up: Friday night (6p-8:30p) and Saturday morning at 7a; less taping needs than Craft Fair, roughly only 12 tables needed, and chairs. We will only need half the amount of student volunteers from Craft Fair.
- Instead of grilling this year, we will be purchasing Chicken Salad Chick and Firehouse Sub sandwiches. We are currently planning for 300 sandwiches: 150 chicken salad, 100 turkey, and 50 ham sandwiches. This number includes vendor pre-request orders. Food will be sold 11a-3p.
- Additional advertisement (Telegraph, email blast, etc.) is pending.
- No old business.
- No new business.
Next Meeting – Monday, March 28, 2022 at 6:00p
Meeting adjourned at 7:05p