Monday, August 22 2022
AHS Orchestra Room
MEMBERS IN ATTENDANCE
Ruth Waggener – President
Dawn Humphrey – Treasurer
Ed Gray – Financial Secretary
Laura Gibbs – Ways and Means
Roger Waggener – Technology
David & Paula Fritz – Craft Fair
TEACHERS IN ATTENDANCE
President Waggener called the meeting to order at 6:06 pm.
May 23, 2022 ABOB meeting minutes have yet to post.
Dawn Humphrey reviewed July and August TR’s.
- $10,000 of the 2021-2022 surplus has been moved to Money Market until after Craft Fair. A lot of spending from surplus designated funds.
- Steady flow of craft fair booth fees.
- August spending was mostly band camp expenses.
- Ed Gray inquired about ABOB’s audit. Dawn has yet to hear from Mark Vaughn with Franklin Vaughn. ABOB’s materials for the 990 audit were dropped off at the beginning of July.
Laura Plummer moved to accept the July and August Treasurer Reports. Roger Waggener seconded.
Laura P. reviewed ABOB’s Guidelines for Handling Money which was emailed out to ABOB board members, committee chairs, and instrumental staff. ABOB should review this annually as part of our fiscal responsibility per the Alton School District and to fulfill financial survey we receive from Franklin Vaughn.
High School Orchestra – Laura Plummer
- Just getting things started.
- New AHS Choir Director is Leah Galbraith. Has taught West general music the past 3 years. And AHS and Marching 100 alum with her husband.
- AHS orchestra shirt orders are online with Schwartzkopf’s.
High School Band – Blake Korte
- Marching 100 is full in swing. Performed at Red & Gray Scrimmage last Friday and first home football game this Friday which is also Senior Night.
- All Band trip to New York City at the end of this school year. Trip meeting on Zoom 7pm Wednesday, August 24.
- Wind Ensemble has been selected to perform at the 2023 IL Music Educators Conference.
AMS Orchestra Report – email from Sally Pierce
- Sign-ups for Schumann and Jazzio’s are posted and start rehearsals in September.
- We are currently meeting with elementary classes and getting kids signed up the. Hope to start elementary classes by the second week of September.
- The elementary orchestra/band recruitment rally is scheduled for September 1 in the AHS Commons to accommodate all the students/parents a little better.
Ways and Means – Laura Gibbs
- Kicking off BoBo’s Pizza Tuesday, August 30. Ends Tuesday, September 13. Delivery Tuesday, September 27.
- Waiting on funds from dine outs at Cookie Factory and Shivers.
- Will set up Olga’s dine out September or October.
- Have not heard back from Gorilla Car Wash. Laura P. mentioned Alton Athletic Association is doing a car wash there September 24.
- Thank you card from Hailey Baum for her ABOB Music Camp Scholarship to attend ISYM this past summer.
Technology – Roger Waggener
Craft Fair: David & Paula Fritz
- Currently 85 crafters from last year who have yet to submit contracts. Will start calling crafters and send out another mailer with the contract.
- Sending out press releases to local media and getting Craft Fair on Riverbender’s calendar.
- Paula presented updated Craft Fair graphic for new sign.
- ABOB now has 4 PayPal credit card readers. 1 for each main door and 2 for cafeteria.
- David confirmed admission increase: Saturday, December 3, $3 and Sunday, December 4, $2.
Virtual Auction – Jeanna Hasty
No old business.
Amended ABOB’s Constitution and By-Laws. Laura P. emailed proposed revisions to ABOB board, committee chairs, and instrumental music staff the night before:
- Blake Korte is Co-Instrumental Music Coordinator.
- Revised Section 4. Standing Committees: Dinner Auction changed to Virtual Auction. Removed Trivia Night and Spring Vendor Fair.
- Article IV, Section 5. Audit
1. ABOB will be audited annually and file a Federal 990 and IL-AG 990 for 501(c) 3’s at the end of its fiscal year to comply with the Alton School Board Policy 8:90 requiring booster organizations to provide assurances that they will protect their own finances. The Alton Community Unit School District No. 11 shall bear no liability or responsibility for the financial operation of ABOB.
Julianna Swanson moved to accept the revisions to ABOB’s Constitution and By-Laws. Laura Gibbs seconded.
Next Meeting Monday, September 26, 6:00 p.m.
Meeting adjourned 6:45 p.m.